Assistant Vice President - Data Modeling & Analytics Manager
Company: Apple Bank
Location: New York
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Assistant Vice President - Data Modeling & Analytics Manager -
New York, NY Apple Bank's Enterprise Data Management & Business
Intelligence team is in the exciting process of integrating new
data sources into a data warehouse, as well as planning a
completely new enterprise data warehouse implementation to coincide
with a core system conversion. We are seeking an experienced Data
Modeling & Analytics professional to play a key role in the
development of our new EDW, as well as substantially enabling
business intelligence. The individual in this position will
initially focus on data architecture by studying core and non-core
data sources, their structures, and the Bank's business
intelligence needs. The individual will develop data architectures
that fit best, creating logical and physical data models, This will
involve additional collaborations with tech infrastructure
colleagues, DBAs, project management, vendors, and analysts
embedded in our businesses. The position offers room for growth,
taking on more responsibilities as appetite and demonstrable skills
allow, including but not limited to wider third-party and public
data sourcing, master and reference data, and DataOps leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine schemas and source structures of target-state core
- Perform data profiling/analysis activities that help establish,
modify, and maintain a data model.
- Determine degree and specific ways that data should be
transformed after ingestion.
- Base transformation decisions on (well-articulated and
documented) reporting needs and use cases
- Study non-core data sources to be integrated.
- Design for schema on write.
- Design and build logical data models (relational and
- Convert logical models to physical data models for databases in
use and provide DDLs to implementation teams.
- Partition data models into landing, integration, data mart and
- Support review, signoff, and adoption of data models in
collaboration with business, architecture, and delivery teams.
Skills, Education and Experience
- 7-8 years of overall experience, including several years of
data architecture and modeling experience at the conceptual/subject
area, logical, and physical levels.
- Display ease and speed in identifying key business entities and
probing, visualizing their relationships.
- Deep banking domain expertise.
- Business analyst experience
- Fluency with ERD tool/s (erwin, ER/Studio, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS SSMS, SSIS, Visual Studio/BIDS.
- Preferred: experience with FIS Business Intelligence Center
- Some ETL development experience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal + written).
- Excellence in asking questions and probing the business
- Bachelor's degree required. Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,
Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees. We
are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran
status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected
Keywords: Apple Bank, New York , Assistant Vice President - Data Modeling & Analytics Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!