Vice President, Social Impact
Company: M Booth Health
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who We Are:We are experts in catalyzing conversations and
connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.At M
Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and
consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep
expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and
advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful
and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client
satisfaction ratings year after year.We believe that better health
starts with better conversations. Let's talk.
VP, SOCIAL IMPACT M Booth Health is seeking a highly driven,
passionate and creative vice president to help grow M/Pact, our
specialty social impact practice. The VP, Social Impact, would
serve as a deputy to the head of our social impact practice, and
would contribute to the agency's new business strategy and help to
coordinate global partners in addition to providing direct counsel
to M/Pact clients.
ABOUT M/PACTM/Pact is M Booth's cross-agency specialty social
impact practice that helps companies and organizations articulate
their purpose and tell stories of their impact. We work with
clients to create campaigns that drive attention to the issues that
they care about - from the environment to racial and gender equity
to human rights - and elevate their experts as thought leaders in
the process.We understand that making the world a better place
requires sparking tough conversations and connecting allies across
movements. And addressing systemic and structural barriers requires
an understanding of their root causes. Our team of marketing and
communications experts includes veteran science, policy and
advocacy leaders in the U.S. and around the world who bring
passion, creativity and diverse perspectives to help our clients
achieve their vision of a healthier, just and more equitable
Our passion areas include Racial, Ethnic and Gender Equity,
Environment and Sustainability, Health Equity, Human Rights and
Development, Food Security.
The ideal VP, Social Impact candidate is a senior-level
communications professional with the demonstrated ability to
advance advocacy goals and campaigns, deep issue area expertise in
one or more of our passion areas, and experience working across and
leading diverse teams. Global experience and foreign language
skills are highly desirable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:Help to manage a portfolio of M/Pact clients, liaise
with colleagues across M Booth Health and our consumer-focused
partner agency M Booth, manage our network of global partners, and
pursue new business opportunities including designing nonprofit
advocacy campaigns, leading corporate responsibility initiatives
and advising philanthropic institutions and their grantees. The VP,
Social Impact will be responsible for applying firm-wide resources,
providing excellent client service, cultivating the staff assigned
to the accounts and managing the business in a profitable, growing
manner. The VP, Social Impact will be a company leader, with the
ability and expectation to deliver on the company's vision,
performance requirements and growth projections, as well as helping
to lead the agency's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
This position also is a fit for someone who can play a significant
role in business development, talent development, and helps meet
the agency's financial performance goals.
Account & General Support
- Helps to build a robust new business strategy focused on
expanding the agency's work with new social impact clients,
including corporate social responsibility campaigns, foundations,
nonprofit health and rights organizations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key client
- Helps to coordinate and manage the agency's global network of
partner agencies and freelancers.
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including
strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing,
timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds responsibility
for overall account relationships.
- Counsels clients with minimum top cover.
- Maintains and grows existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Leverages full resources of the firm.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and
- Leads in articulating and applying agency vision and
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for developing
new/expanded business across company offices.
People Development & Initiative
- Participates with senior managers in hiring, assessment and
career development activities.
- Help lead the agency's commitment to diversity, equity and
- Identifies strengths and areas of growth opportunity for team
members, providing counseling on job performance and career
development at appropriate.
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Manages staff to maximize productivity and individual, team and
- Leads in monitoring and ensuring staff well-being.
Financial & Administrative
- Handles budget development and monitors financial performance
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections and
shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency
- Attends and assists in preparing regular account "check-ups"
with clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next
- Manages client invoicing and remittance process in accordance
with client contracts.
- Manages financial performance in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains database of potential clients and new
- Leads growth of existing accounts.
- Identifies and participates the pursuit of new business
opportunities within and across practice areas.
- Develops and directs new business program development and
- Delivers strong analytical, strategic and conceptual
contributions to new program development.
- Presents new business presentations in an effective, persuasive
- Participates in professional or other relevant organizations to
build awareness of the firm.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 8-10 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or
communications setting with experience in advocacy, social justice,
and/or human rights campaigns and initiatives (e.g. climate
justice, public health, gender rights, immigration, worker rights,
or related fields)
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to grow existing accounts and
pursue leads for new ones.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the
ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Cultural fluency and experience living or working
internationally; Spanish and/or French fluency highly desirable
- Depth of knowledge of the global media landscape
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Intelligent, strategic and creative thinker
- Excellent presentation, writing and editing skills
- Experience in digital and social media strategies
- Superb management skills and capacity to motivate and inspire
staff and colleagues
- Experience with account and agency financial management
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively
within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to
exceptional work products; sense of humor
WHAT WE'LL BRING:Here are a few highlights of our benefits
offerings:A workplace that's alive with courage, ideas, respect and
- Direct access to agency leadership
- The opportunity to join an early stage practice area and help
define and shape the work
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited Vacation, Mental Health, Personal, and Sick Days, and
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter
M Booth Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates
will be considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
Keywords: M Booth Health, New York , Vice President, Social Impact, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!