Portfolio Manager, VP - Project Finance
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Portfolio Manager, Vice President - Project FinanceExempt
SUMMARYThe Portfolio Manager (VP level)) role is responsible for
performing preliminary screening, managing, maintaining and growing
a portfolio of non-recourse and limited recourse project finance
transactions within the broader C&I portfolio. In addition,
this position advises on deal size and structure based on customer
strength and deal specific terms and conditions. The portfolio is
comprised of mainly corporate and middle market companies in the
Renewable Energy sector, as well as participations in syndicated
- Assist the RM in promoting, originating, structuring and
executing non-recourse or limited recourse project finance
transaction in the Renewable Energy sector (mainly solar, wind and
- Negotiate legal documentation including reviewing and analyzing
Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), Engineering Procuring Contracts
(EPC), Equity Cash Contribution Agreement (ECCA) and other relevant
material for this segment.
- Help building the bank's Credit Policy and internal procedures
with respect to Project Finance lending.
- Manages credit portfolio exposure including internal ratings
and profitability models.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and analysis for existing
- Oversee the preparation of loan presentation including detailed
financial analysis and assessment of borrower's financial capacity
- Manage all aspects of assigned loan portfolio with emphasis on
covenant and bank policy, compliance, credit quality and
- Facilitate closing of the loan transactions with strict
compliance with approved terms and conditions.
- Evaluate risks and benefits of various restructuring scenarios
to determine the most beneficial outcome and present
recommendations to senior management.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, which fall within scope of
- Working in Economic, financial and regulatory (compliance)
- Knowledge of commercial banking and cash management
- Strong customer support and communication background with
existing and new clients.
- Understanding of the banking system and/or companies' banking
- Familiarity and experience with the regulatory environment
relevant to Renewable Energy, as well as with professional
terminology like Tax Credit, power units, etc is preferred.
Technical Skills: Advance skills in Excel, Word and Power
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATIONCompetencies:
- Energetic and self-directed individual who thrives in a
dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship building
skills, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Dependable, professional and self-motivated, who can develop
out-of-the-box solutions to client challenges.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills /
multitasking, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and presentation
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and adapt to a changing
Experience Needed: A minimum of 5 years related experience with
project finance transactions.A proven track record in prudently
managing an existing and growing portfolio.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or
Finance; MBA desirable.
Languages (other than English): Fluent in English (Hebrew is an
advantage); strong written and verbal skills required.
Note: the bank may consider an FVP title for this role.
Keywords: BHI, New York , Portfolio Manager, VP - Project Finance, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!