Regional Account Manager - Retail Chains
Company: HOYA Vision Care
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Regional Account Manager - Retail ChainsAtlanta, GA, USA Boston,
MA, USA Chicago, IL, USA Memphis, TN, USA Minneapolis, MN, USA New
York, NY, USA Orlando, FL, USA Tampa, FL, USA Req #808 Thursday,
May 27, 2021HOYA and Seiko Driven by passion for innovation and
development, Hoya Vision is constantly moving boundaries. By use of
extensive research and cutting- edge technology we provide tailored
optimized experiences - both for the eye care professional and the
spectacle wearer.POSITION PURPOSE:The Regional Account Manager is
responsible for achieving sales objectives and growing sales volume
for Hoya, Seiko and Vision Ease portfolio of products and services
through prospecting, generating leads, strategic planning, and
account service of regional retail customers. The position is
ultimately responsible for growing our regional retail business and
customer loyalty through the delivery of lens products that fit the
business development needs and marketing strategies defined by each
- Sales performance and customer relations of regional retail
- Prospect for potential customers by Identifying and qualifying
high-value sales opportunities through cold-call prospecting,
networking, trade shows, and lead follow up.
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with regional retail
customers to help them not only grow their optical products sales,
but their overall business.
- Utilizing corporate tools and applications to document, plan,
monitor, and meet sales objectives with assigned accounts.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with
appropriate commercial colleagues to ensure successful customer
relations and the achievement of annual sales objectives.
- Consistently achieves established sales goals for the defined
- Development and maintenance of customer-specific Business Plans
for each customer.
- Communication and collaboration with sales management and
marketing on an ongoing basis regarding plans of action and
execution of defined KPIs.
Strategic Customer PLANNING:
- Monitors and analyzes customer activities to determine
potential and needs.
- Develops a strategic business plan that identifies key
stakeholders, tactics, and timelines for completion.
- Utilizes the strategic business plan to effectively plan,
execute and assess promotional activities.
- Partners with commercial colleagues to identify and develop an
in-depth understanding of account dynamics and product
- Adjusts both strategic and tactical plans as necessary based
upon trial and learnings.
- Monitors key competitor activities and gathers competitive
intelligence that is readily available and not protected in
- Collaborates with sales management, finance, and a global
pricing team to define and implement competitive sales strategies
at appropriate pricing levels.
- Manages an assigned annual sales budget with emphasis on sales
volume, incremental growth, and defined business development
- Effectively utilizes analytical tools and software applications
to manage targeted accounts.
- Develops programs customized for targeted accounts including,
but not limited to, the following: pricing, applicable shipping
charges, co-op funds or rebates and credit terms for review and
approval by appropriate department heads.
- Uses consultative selling approach with customers that drives
sales and establishes long-term business partnership.
- Varies professional selling approach based on segmentation,
audience and customer's business approach.
- Conducts and plans highly effective account business summaries
for large and small audiences.
- Educates and trains assigned customers and optical staff to be
proficient with dispensing supplied optical products and
- Anticipates customer needs/issues, addresses them proactively,
resolves customer issues in a timely manner and uses the
opportunity build a stronger relationship.
- Partners with HOYA, Seiko and Vision Ease commercial personnel
when addressing customer needs while maintaining a professional
- Demonstrates an obsession for customer service through customer
- Effectively completes requested tasks from management and
corporate office in a timely manner.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Be
able to use gathered information and analysis to negotiate best
available commercial program with customers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations professionally; Responds promptly to customer needs;
Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests
for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Business Acumen - Must thoroughly understand basic P&L
statements and balance sheets. Need basic understanding of
"break-even" analysis and ability to develop and manipulate
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict
professionally by not blaming others; Maintains confidentiality;
Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under
control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to confidently create materials
in PowerPoint to deliver an engaging message thorough preparation
and logically structuring of content; engaging the audience;
delivering presentation objectives; positively influencing the
audience and responding to audience needs.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates strong group presentation
skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Demonstrate the ability to produce well
written customer communication and agreement documentation. Be able
to write commercial element details of a contract.
- Judgment - Displays willingness and ability to make thorough
business decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales results with a minimum of 5 years outside
sales experience preferred. A proven hunter and closer with skills
in prospecting, qualifying, developing, and closing business.
- Demonstrated computer skills including familiarity with SFDC
and Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Confident presenter with experience running both face to face
meetings and virtual
- Customer service experience or client relations strongly
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
Not Exclusive The duties outlined in this document are not limited
to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from
time to time to perform additional duties by your supervisor.
At HOYA, our foundation is built upon a diverse and inclusive work
environment. Together, our differences are key to maintaining an
inclusive culture that supports and inspires employee's uniqueness.
Our differences ignite our innovation and connects us to our
diverse customers and communities we serve.
We're passionate about maintaining an inclusive work environment,
not only because it's the right thing to do, it promotes and
celebrates differences. We are also committed to providing equal
opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions,
genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, disabilities,
ages, philosophies, and veteran statuses at all levels of the
Hoya and Seiko Optical is committed to providing equal opportunity
in all employment practices, including but not limited to
selection, hiring, promotion, transfer and compensation to all
qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race,
color, national origin, religion, gender, handicap or disability,
or any other category protected by federal state or local law.
Keywords: HOYA Vision Care, New York , Regional Account Manager - Retail Chains, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!