Global Head of Talent Management
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- This is a newly created role, which sits within our Global HR
function and will have overall responsibility for our talent
management strategy, including talent assessment and development.
- This role will be based in either New York or London. -
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing the
firm's talent assessment and development methodologies, for
employees, Partners, and candidates. -You will work closely with
senior leadership to define the firm's talent priorities that will
enable the firm's strategic priorities.
- You will be responsible for our workforce planning strategy and
-assessing talent supply needs (internally and externally),
defining critical gaps, including skills and capabilities gaps, and
developing plans to close those gaps. -
- You will be responsible for the evolution of our performance
management, appraisals, employee assessment, candidate assessment
and manager effectiveness structures and processes.
- You will work with the Global and local HR teams across the
network, to ensure the right balance between global talent
management priorities and local market needs around talent
retention and development. -
- You will work with other global HR leaders to ensure a
joined-up approach to talent management, leadership development and
employee experiences. -
- You will work closely with the Global Head of Learning &
Leadership Development on succession planning, and the
identification and development of high potential leaders. -
- You will be well connected with external talent management
networks and experts and have a track record of bringing leading
practice thinking into your current organisation. -
- You will be responsible for measuring the impact of each
component of our talent management strategy and associated
programmes and interventions. - -
- The role can be split into four main elements: strategy and
objectives, design and implementation, financial management and
- Human Resources management develops and delivers the firm's
People and Talent Strategy, designs and delivers the firm's people
practices, designs employee and candidate experiences, and advises
the firm's leadership on organisational and individual people
matters.Key ResponsibilitiesStrategy and Objectives
- Oversight, design and delivery of talent management practices
and operating frameworks. Including but not limited to talent
assessment (of current employees and partners, and for candidates),
leadership potential assessment, performance management, career
development frameworks, manager/supervisor effectiveness,
leadership performance evaluation, internal mobility evaluation and
assessment, talent pipeline management, succession planning, skills
gap assessment, skills database development and individual, team
and firm goal alignment. -
- Encompassing all the aspects of talent management, as set out
above, working closely with the business and HR leadership, you
will develop a global talent management strategy, rolling
implementation plan and effectiveness evaluation programme.
- The strategy and objectives should address the current talent
challenges and anticipate the future challenges that we and our
- Implement, communicate and measure a number of key talent
management programmes that have been recently designed, including
pipeline management, manager effectiveness and succession
- Partner with the -Global Head of Learning & Leadership
Development -to assess current and future skills and capabilities
and develop our approach to building and buying those capabilities.
- Working with Global HR colleagues, resource management teams in
the business and finance, develop and oversee the firm's workforce
planning and resource allocation strategies.
- Working with the business, global HR, and local HR, assess the
talent supply (internally and externally), define critical gaps,
and develop integrated talent strategies to close those gaps.
- Create and develop frameworks to align organisation, team and
individual goals. Elevate the importance and transparency of goal
setting across the organisation. -
- Review and modernise the career framework for business
professionals, to create more agility to support the partners and
our business. Tie the framework to skills development and
modernisation, and the compensation of business professionals.
- Working with the Reward team, develop an ongoing programme to
assess the overall contribution of lawyers.
- Using a rigorous data driven and scientific approach, you will
ensure that talent management programmes, interventions, and
frameworks throughout our colleagues' careers, and during gateway/
promotion processes, are targeted and effective.
- Using data from a range of sources, you will measure the
effectiveness of interventions. -
- You will work across several Firm committees and, acting as a
Subject Matter Expert, provide advice and counsel to the business
on talent management related topics.
- You will be a source of specialist guidance, keeping up to date
with technical and professional developments in the external market
and applying these to the Company offering.Design and
- You will create specific programmes and initiatives to support
key talent gaps and demands to ensure we are developing colleagues
to maximize their potential at the firm, and to retain our talent.
- You will build targeted solutions, in collaboration with the
business, to define and develop specific talent management
solutions linked to organisational growth and performance -
- You will work collaboratively with internal and external
partners and vendors on the design, development, implementation,
and evaluation of talent management, development and assessment
- You will improve understanding of talent assessment and
development behaviours at all levels across the organization.
- You will be responsible for the design and delivery and
implementation of key talent management infrastructure, including
process design, employee experiences, technology and
reporting.Financial Management -
- You will oversee the budget aligned to talent management.
- You will manage key supplier relationships
- You will ensure return on investment, through measurement and
review of supplier and programme effectiveness. -Team Management -
- You will be responsible for ensuring the talent management team
delivers against objectives, within budget, and that the team is
developed, retained, and motivated.
- You will ensure the team is appropriately and efficiently
resourced and skilled to meet the strategic objectives of the firm
in relation to Talent Management. -Key Requirements This is an
extraordinary opportunity for an individual with a strong track
record of talent strategy and talent management, who may have
previously implemented a talent management strategy within another
complex, global organisation. -You should have experience of design
through to execution and embedding talent practices, ideally gained
within professional or financial services or high-performance
environments. You should have the following experience and skills:
Relevant experience -
- Significant relevant experience and subject matter expertise
within Talent management or within a leadership role.
- Experience of designing and implementing talent management
frameworks, programmes, and interventions globally or across a
- Proven experience of creating and implementing a talent
management strategy, which includes diagnosis, development, and
implementation of appropriate talent management solutions that have
lasting business impact.
- Experience of -talent management and development in relation to
succession planning and building programmes around high potential
identification would be beneficial.
- You should be well connected with external leading practice
thinking in talent management and development, and have experience
bringing outside perspectives into your current organisation, to
elevate the impact of the programmes and frameworks put in
place.Relevant skills and knowledge -
- Core skill set around change management, career development and
leveraging technology and data to support and inform
- Solid understanding of organizational development theory and
- Proven expertise aligning business strategy with HR
- Ability to move from strategic to tactical seamlessly to drive
the end-to-end talent management cycle and processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level managers and
executive/ senior leader influence.
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to
clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals
across all levels, and with the confidence to operate at all levels
within the organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise
activities and co-ordinate input from internal and external
- Excellent facilitation skills which encourage participation and
appropriate challenge of participants. -
- Accurate and methodical with an excellent attention to
- The ability to deliver clear and impartial strategic advice in
a consultative manner.
- The ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior
stakeholders, across borders and in a matrixed organisation, is
- The intellectual rigour and insight to be credible with a
highly intelligent and experienced group of partners.
- The individual should have a global perspective, with
sensitivity to multiple and diverse cultures - international
working experience would be an advantage.
- Discretion and confidentiality are key. -Education and
- A relevant qualification is desirable, but not necessary.
Keywords: ExecuNet, New York , Global Head of Talent Management, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!