Portfolio Risk Manager
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Us: We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm.
We manage investments and develop solutions across the full
spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income,
equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and
private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers,
actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients
around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices
globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought
leader and trusted advisor to our clients. PIMCO is one of the
world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of
professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating
opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we
have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the
institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual
investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate
performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity
of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages
in our global communities. Position Description: We are recruiting
for a Risk Manager to join our Portfolio Risk Management Team in
our New York office. The role will provide coverage for our
traditional strategies and will be focused on identifying top
investment themes and risks in our portfolios - analysing how they
are expressed, sized and managed. The Risk Manager will be
- Assessing portfolio strategies including reviews of risk
positioning relative to client risk and return objectives.
- Collaborating with portfolio managers in the review of
portfolio construction and concentrations.
- Engaging with portfolio managers and credit analysts in
analysing investment risks and identifying potential risk
- Constructing stress test scenarios and providing analysis of
tail risks in portfolios.
- Utilising analytical tools to understand portfolio betas and to
identify correlated positions
- Partnering with internal teams such as analytics and technology
to improve and extend existing tools and capabilities. Position
- A minimum of five years of relevant fixed income and risk
- Degree with concentration in engineering, science, math,
finance, economics or other related quantitative/analytical field
from a leading, accredited college or university. Master's degree
and professional certifications such as CFA or FRM preferred.
- Advanced knowledge with Excel, SQL and Bloomberg. Programming
skills in coding languages such as Matlab, Python, VBA
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Attention to detail,
ability to multi-task and process large amounts of
- Strong communication skills that facilitate effective
partnership with portfolio managers and other internal
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high intensity, trade
- Self-motivated and dedicated work ethic with integrity.
Passionate about getting the job done, understanding time
constraints and pressures associated with being part of a
fast-paced trade floor environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to work with
different departments including technology, financial engineering,
operations, trade processing and portfolio management.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven track record of
problem solving in a timely basis. Benefits: PIMCO is committed to
offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to
support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits
vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement
plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental
leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits,
health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation
in each PIMCO office
Keywords: PIMCO, New York , Portfolio Risk Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!