Manager, Patient Care-Med/Surg Oncology
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Under the leadership of the Patient Care Director, the Manager
Patient Care (PC) has 24/7 fiscal, clinical and operational
accountability. The Nurse Manager is responsible for a direct care
unit or units within Northwell Health.
- Utilizing the nursing process, the manager is responsible for
creating a safe, healthy work environment that supports delivery of
high-quality patient and family centered care in a healing milieu.
The manager fosters a culture where highly engaged
interdisciplinary team members are able to contribute to optimal
patient outcomes and to grow professionally Job Responsibility
Communication and Relationship Management
- The Manager PC executes the strategic plan through effective
communication with all team members.
- As an organizationally aware leader the manager is able to
build relationships centered on trust respect and inclusion among
colleagues, customers, patients and their families.
- Upholds Culture of C.A.R.E., Northwell Health's promise to our
patients and families, to create a culture of connectedness,
awareness, respect and empathy. Leadership Skills
- The Manager PC recruits, manages performance, inspires and
motivates--team members by modeling leadership behaviors that
embody Northwells' mission, vision and values, ensuring that
patient care delivery plan align with top level outcomes.
- The Manager PC collaborates with team members across the
organization to improve quality, patient-centered care through the
use of best practices, and is a champion for a just culture, where
staff feel safe to utilize the tools in TeamSTEPPS.
- Understanding the importance of a healthy work environment, the
manager patient care makes employee engagement for the unit a
priority, developing goals and action plans that support team
pride, inclusion and empowerment. Professionalism
- The Manager PC is a professional role model for the team
members promoting standards of professional practice and behavior,
while inspiring the clinical staff in the pursuit of continuing
education. Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment
- The manager PC maintains up to date knowledge about population
health, professionalism and legislation involving healthcare in
order to effectuate change and transform care.
- The manager PC will implement strategies to meet the needs of
the unit that are based on scope and standards of practice and
align with the organizations care delivery model.
- --The Manager PC will foster a culture whereby the front-line
staff are participants in changes that impact practice. Business
Skills and Knowledge
- The Manager PC demonstrates advanced knowledge and competencies
of the business needs for day-to-day operations in the areas of
oversight; managing the units' salary and other than salary
expenses within the predetermined budget and implementing action
plans when variances present.
- The Manager PC is expected to mentor and educate the care team
related to budget, service excellence, Human Resource management,
Information Technology, Risk and Quality Management.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions. Job Qualifications:
Current NY State RN license and registration required. BSN
required. Master's degree preferred. Minimum 3-5 years med/surgical
experience required. Leadership ability in clinical nursing
practice and strong interpersonal skills also required.
Participated in ongoing continuing education relevant to area of
responsibility. Oncology experience preferred.
- At least 5 years nursing experience with Evidence of leadership
mastery at the Assistant Manager level or equivalent such as charge
RN, team lead, council chair, project manager, or above.--
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Manager, Patient Care-Med/Surg Oncology, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!