Vice President Fund Manager and Research
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This Vice President Fund Manager and Research role will have
responsibility for performing operational due diligence reviews for
investments in hedge funds, real estate and private equity funds.
Such responsibilities will include conducting due diligence
reviews, drafting assessment reports of managers, and making
presentations to the regional research committees. Knowledge of
operations and/or audit in the asset management business or real
estate and private equity operations is required. Strong written
and verbal communication skills are required. It is anticipated
that the position will include about 20% travel.Job
- Conduct on-site operational due diligence meetings of external
asset managers as part of the ODD program. These meetings discuss
all areas of operations to assess the strength of the organization
and its ability to mitigate operational risk.
- Document due diligence meetings conducted in the specified
report template and present findings to the regional research
- Perform regulatory research and reviews for managers.
- Analyze underlying manager financial statements.
- Research foreign markets to assess regulatory and tax issues
involving trading/establishing a local presence in those
- Lead special projects.
- Perform due diligence reviews on administrators that support
underlying private equity and real estate managers. Impact on the
- The addition of this role will increase our due diligence
capability, ensuring that we cover all aspects of our current and
prospective investments to the highest level. Customers /
- HSBC's Alternative Investment Group and Global Private Bank
Leadership & Teamwork
- To work with the hedge fund research team, private equity team
and real estate team with regard to funds/managers that need to be
covered. Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Spot opportunities for business development as well as sources
- Pro-active, Ethical, Profit yet Risk oriented Major Challenges
- Coverage of a continually changing investment universe.
- Keeping up to date with all industry level changes and their
- Ensuring that our operational due diligence process remains
best in class and timely. Role Context
- Work closely with the global research teams.
- Work will primarily be US based, but there is some travel
across Europe/Asia Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the
role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk
considerations. Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate
adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group
compliance policy by adhering to all relevant
- The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services
laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This
will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping
appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely
implementation of internal and external audit points, including
issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or
specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance
risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising
with Compliance department about business initiatives at the
earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring
adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering
a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Qualifications Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S.
is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for
- 8-10 years working in within an audit firm auditing investment
products (hedge funds and/ or Private Equity funds) or the
operations and/or audit departments of an asset management firm or;
operational due diligence preferred.
- Undergraduate Bachelor's degree in accounting and finance and
with a Chartered Accountant qualification or Chartered Financial
- Working knowledge of industry standards for the asset
management industry, specifically hedge fund, including familiarity
with policies, procedures and "best practices".
- Knowledge of hedge funds and pooled investment products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong audit and/or operations experience required.
- Works well in team environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative, well-developed
time management skills.All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: HSBC, New York , Vice President Fund Manager and Research, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!