Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Project Manager
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Location: New York
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Project Manager
- New York, New York
- 2100000B Job Description The Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Project
Manager is a highly-motivated and meticulous individual with
excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Responsibilities focus on enhancing the Serious Adverse Event (SAE)
Program by providing expertise in the root cause analysis process.
The RCA Project Manager works closely with internal team members,
stakeholders, collaborators, and participating facilities to ensure
that root cause analysis are conducted in a timely manner in order
to achieve goals. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides RCA support using performance improvement tools (i.e.
process maps, causal trees) and methodology, in addition to project
management support for system-wide root cause analysis for the
member hospitals of Mount Sinai Health System.
- Utilizes project management tools and methodologies to track
and communicate status of RCA.
- Serves as an operational resource in the analysis of adverse
events through the root cause analysis process.
- Provides regular updates to the RCA Teams, ensuring the team is
informed of status updates of the root cause analysis. Develops
appropriate communication plans and strategies to ensure
information is openly communicated.
- Serves as an operational resource for internal team members for
expedited problem identification and resolution, provision of RCA
specific updates, and team interactions and deadlines.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships within
the system in order to obtain information and content from leaders
and front-line staff to foster successful root cause analysis
- Develops and manages best-practices and tools for improvement,
plan execution, and project management.
- Supports clinical operations and project specific quality
documents (for example: SOPs, work plans/practices, training
- Other duties as assigned. Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or greater required or combination of
applicable experience and education
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or other health related science
- Completion of Master's Degree preferred Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Root Cause Analysis/Common Cause Analysis experience, including
use of Performance Improvement tools required
- Project management experience in clinical environment with an
operational focus preferred General Skills:
- Accomplished in the use of performance improvement tools,
including but not limited to process maps and causal trees.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical in nature with a
curiosity towards solving complex problems, and strong attention to
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and
- Demonstrated success in the use of data-driven methodologies,
analytics and statistics to meet goals
- Strong understanding of and ability to perform in a data-driven
- Professional attitude - comfortable working in a corporate
setting populated by diverse types of people and able to maintain
poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as
part of the larger team
- Proven track record of delivering measurable results
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis,
experience, and judgment in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and a "can-do" attitude when faced
with challenges or problems.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to ensure focus on high
- Consensus builder among teams and cross functional groups with
differing objectives and priorities. 150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017 Click here to view the "EEO is The Law" Poster
Mount Sinai Health System endeavors to make Mount Sinai's Career
Center accessible to any and all users. If you would like to
contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need
assistance completing the application process, please contact our
Talent Acquisition team at P: 646-605-4600 or click on the Live
Chat icon below! - LCA Notices
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York , Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Project Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!