National Airfreight Operations Manager
Company: Laufer Group International
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company:Laufer Group International is a Freight Forwarder and
Brokerage. Headquartered in New York with another 7 offices in the
United States and dedicated partners strategically located
throughout the world, Laufer Group International has the expertise,
resources, and market knowledge to provide customers with true
global logistics solutions. Laufer has an established logistics and
service solution that provides customers with improved shipping
flexibility, enhanced operational control, and exceptional customer
service. Each customer has access to a customized logistics
platform providing air freight and ocean services, logistics,
customs brokerage, and purchase order and export management.Laufer
is a different type of logistics company. We strive to make our
industry more progressive. We challenge conventional ways of doing
business by developing innovative and customized supply chain
solutions. We help our customers break away from yesterday's
business model to succeed in today's world.Responsibilities:
- Manage national airfreight operations & pricing through
uniform, standardized processes.
- Manage import/export gateway operations within the USA.
- Implement and continuously enhance operational procedures
related to airfreight.
- Create SOP's & best practice catalogues.
- Identify and implement productivity improvements.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors & overseas partners
- Negotiate airline rate contracts specific to business needs and
- Maintain awareness of changes in industry laws, regulations,
and other government requirements. Share this information
internally and make adjustments in the operation to adhere by.
- Serve as the Primary or Alternate Indirect Air Carrier Security
- Capable of implementing a new TMS System and safeguard
financials, operational, and compliance data integrity.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all
- Attend training & development sessions.
- Travel required (up to 25% of the time)Internal Team:
- Collaborate with BDM on business development plans.
- Support onboarding of new business.
- Address customer satisfaction issues promptly.
- Collaborate with BDM and Operations teams to maximize the
company's presence with the mutual goals of retaining all existing
business and gaining new business.
- Act as the liaison for our back-office operations.
- Manage operational escalations and ensure issues are
- Responsible for product P&L.
- When needed, support AR/AP departments with internal & external
- Assist in the hiring, onboarding, and development of airfreight
- Assist with training program and ensure that the staff have all
required tools & knowledge for their duties.
- Manage and support all projects related to the airfreight
- Understand, communicate, and execute management goals.
- Implement, monitor, & measure operational Key Performance
- Assist & provide feedback for staff reviews.
- Address employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Establish quality control goals and ensure that they are
- Display expertise in our TMS system and provide
training/on-going support to employees.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships internally across
all departments and functional areas, as well as externally with
customers and key suppliers.Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in airfreight management
- Exceptional knowledge of the Airfreight and Freight Forwarding
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Leadership and human resources management skillsBenefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with company
- Health Savings Account medical benefit option with a company
contribution to the health savings account
- No cost Medical Bridge Program to assist with costs that may be
attributable to the plan deductible
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- No cost Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life, and
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match
- Paid Time Off (over 4 weeks of PTO by year 5 with Laufer)
- No cost Employee Assistance Plan to assist with emotional
well-being, family and relationships, legal and financial matters,
- Employee Recognition Program
- Giveback Program - each employee is given $500/year to donate
to a charity (Laufer has donated over $1 million!!!)
Commuter Benefits for employees traveling to and from the NYC
Keywords: Laufer Group International, New York , National Airfreight Operations Manager, Executive , Inwood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!