Company: Career Group
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A well-established NYC-based Real Estate Firm is seeking a seasoned
property manager for residential rental buildings in NYC. This is a
high-energy position requiring a multi-talented and accomplished
Job Description - Manage financial aspects of operations for the
assigned property (or properties) that contribute to the company's
business goals, including but not limited to the following
- Prepare property budgets, monthly operation/budget variance
reports, and capital expenditure status reports
- Review, manage and facilitate Accounts Receivable/Accounts
- Oversee the Assistant Manager in their efforts to collect rent
with attorney and collection agencies.
- Oversee the audits of security deposits.
- Verify the onsite team is compliant with purchase order
- Marketing, Leasing and Administrative Tasks:
- Oversee the smooth transition of apartment turnovers.
- Oversee and manage onsite team, including leasing, maintenance,
and administration, to maximize their engagement.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain first-class
- Work with leasing team to ensure the leasing goals are being
- Assure all leases are properly prepared and executed via the
Online Leasing Platform.
- Ensure that there is always adequate coverage for the leasing
office. This coverage may include 7 days a week, extended hours of
operation or working on weekends, whichever method is
- Oversee the lease renewal process.
- Control vacancy losses through proactive suggestions and
in-depth knowledge with local markets. - Manage the daily operation
of the assigned residential property: o Inspect all properties on a
regular basis to assess property condition, compliance, and overall
administrationo Oversee all repair and maintenance projects and
maintain a sound relationship with vendors and contractorso
Understand and comply with all NYC DOB/DEP/FDNY applicable laws and
codes, proactively ensuring buildings remain unencumbered of
- Supervise appropriate building security measures, incident
documentations and proper notifications of management, owners
and/or insurance carriers where necessary.
- Maintain Fair Housing Binder for reasonable accommodations and
coordinate the documentation of such requests ensuring resident
forms are completed, third party verifications are obtained,
possibilities are researched, and resident is notified timely of
- Initiate introduction with new residents within 72 hours after
move-in to assure quality control and confirm satisfaction with
service that was provided.
- Oversee Assistant Manager's responsibility to handle all
resident complaints expeditiously, diplomatically, and
- Confirm that residents are fully and properly notified of all
issues that affect their residency.
- Enforce the House Rules and Regulations of the site in place
and documents significant violations of either.
- Oversees Assistant Manager and Resident Manager in ensuring
proper service to residents by thoroughly reviewing service request
logs and following up on completed requests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of residential rental property management
experience, luxury in the NYC market preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, collect data,
establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate
course of action
- Ability to sustain high standards of customer service, optimal
revenue generation and effective expense management as demonstrated
by business results in previous experience
- Ability to multi-task, have strong attention to detail and be
well organized in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in NYC affordable housing processing and 421-A
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including word, excel and
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial
- Bachelor's degree and Experience with Yardi
- Solid and consistent work history with excellent
Keywords: Career Group, New York , Property Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!