Director of Admissions
Company: AristaCare Delaire
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Director of Admissions advises the
Administrator on resident flow, the admissions process, and
marketing programs for health care services which assure: strong
resident, referrer, and payor satisfaction; appropriate market
penetration; positive public image; achievement of facility census
goals.Duties and ResponsibilitiesAdministrative Functions
- Work to maximize facility census, design and implement an
effective streamlined admissions process on a 24-hour, 7 days a
week basis, and ensure a high level of resident satisfaction.
- Screen and promptly accept potential admissions to the facility
for the following: level of care appropriateness, financial payment
source, length of stay (short or long-term care), and mental
illness or mental retardation criteria. Contact referral source
promptly regarding acceptance/denial of the referral.
- Document all inquiries on appropriate forms. Follow-up on all
inquiries that have not yet converted to admissions. Attend
meetings with department heads and the Administrator to assess
- Attend and participate in the monthly Marketing Committee
- Maintain statistics for monthly Resident Flow Analysis.
- Assists with a daily census report and a weekly census summary
- Conduct admissions counseling and tours with potential
residents, families, and/or responsible parties. Advise residents
and/or families of admission requirements as established by the
facility and health maintenance organizations.
- Ensure proper completion, signing, and distribution of
paperwork. Be able to expedite the assessment and admissions
process in an assertive manner. Complete and determine the
financial assessment of new admissions to the facility.
- Provide advance notification to department heads regarding
appropriate preparation and follow-ups for admissions (both new
admissions and re-admits).
- Oversee the assignment of attending physicians.
- Assemble admissions and sales packets for marketing to
hospitals, community referrals agencies, residents, and their
- Contact housekeeping to ensure that the resident's room is
clean and prepared appropriately before arrival.
- Meet with family and residents on the day of admission to
welcome them and introduce them to nursing staff on the unit.
Follow up with a visit at the close of the day.
- Gather appropriate information regarding residents' face
sheets/demographic information to be kept in the clinical
- Oversee the Director of Quality Experience Assignments.
- Participate, as assigned, in a two-week resident satisfaction
survey, if applicable in the facility.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of facility
- Ensure that the facility adheres to legal, safety, health,
fire, and sanitation codes.
- Put resident service first: ensures that residents and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
- Must have a High school degree or equivalent. Post-high school
education is a plus.
- Certificate/Licenses: NoneExperience
- Must have one year of admissions experience in long-term care
or hospital setting.#INDsponsored#ZRsponsoredPowered by
Keywords: AristaCare Delaire, New York , Director of Admissions, Executive , Linden, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!