Assistant Vice President of Real Estate/Asset Management (ADM125)
Company: Volunteers of America - Greater New York
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty
organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York
metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care
to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of
affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not
limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs
that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate
strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our
clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality
housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to
ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY
understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are
in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide
services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent
supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children
through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey,
and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of
services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in
the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence,
people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have
behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New
York's programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous
standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their
start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY
for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
The Assistant Vice President of Real Estate / Asset Management
leads a small, dedicated team that oversees all aspects of the
redevelopment of existing real estate assets and new, affordable
real estate development: site acquisition, land use, and zoning
analysis; financial feasibility, packaging, grant writing, and
closing; construction administration; and permanent conversation
and transfer to operations. Extensive experience with affordable
and/or supportive housing development including usage of low-income
housing tax credits (LIHTC), tax exempt bonds, state/federal
capital programs, and mixed-financed deals is essential. The person
will create and manage project pro formas, schedules, RFPs and
financing applications including, 9% and 4% Low Income Housing Tax
Credits, state and local municipality zero or low interest loans,
tax exempt bond financing, and other public and private sources.
The AVP of Real Estate / Assessment Management must have the
confidence to engage and professionally collaborate with internal
and external support teams.
Bachelor's degree. Extensive experience in the asset management
real estate development field including a demonstrated track record
of leading all aspects of the asset management real estate
development process. Expert level written and verbal communication
skills that reflect ability to lead staff, perform and prioritize
multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail, and
build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of
both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as
* Oversee team of Certified Asset Managers and ensure all of their
respective compliance responsibilities are completed fully and
timely for all assigned properties, including LIHTC HOME, and
* Collaborate with Finance for all fiscal audits and oversee
syndicator and government audits.
* Oversee rent collection from all properties within the portfolio.
Ensure maintenance of all records within Yardi, as well as
necessary integration with VOA-GNY's financial reporting
* Implement policies and procedures related to Asset Management
that will ensure efficient and compliant processes and
* Liaise with legal counsel and manage all landlord/ tenant
* Manage commercial properties to include oversee leasing of all
relevant properties within the portfolio. Negotiate commercial
leases for VOA-GNY owned properties as needed.
* Manage existing cell and new phone towers contracts with external
* Identify potential development and redevelopment opportunities.
Work with development team to identify projects and secure grants.
Identify funding sources and submit financing applications.
* Develop pro formas. Oversee due diligence, financing,
construction closing, and permanent conversions.
* Identify and manage consultants, attorneys, and vendors on
construction, rehabilitation, local law, and maintenance
* Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
* VOA properties, including LIHTC properties are in compliance.
* Work is performed collaboratively with Finance Department.
* Agency software are being utilized to produce efficiencies in
* Policies and administrative responsibilities are clearly
outlined, and tasks are approached and completed in a streamlined
* Difficult or litigious cases are escalated to landlord tenant
attorney for enforcement of house rules or eviction when
* Viable development opportunities and sites are located and
* Contracts are reviewed periodically and updated for a mutually
* Re-capitalizing and re-structuring strategies for existing assets
* Proformas and other projections to create financially viable
construction and permanent operating budgets are prepared timely
and accurately. (Re)development, maintenance and operations budgets
are realistic, financially viable and sustainable.
* Relationships are maintained and properly managed. A network of
contacts is developed to help identify projects and achieve success
in (re)development initiatives.
* All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an
office environment performing administrative work.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly
required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating
with peers and/or vendors. This position is sedentary and requires
sitting for long period of times. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full - time position.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
* Job Family Assistant Vice President
* Pay Type Salary
* Volunteers of America, Administrative Office, 135 West 50th
Street, New York, New York, United States of America
Keywords: Volunteers of America - Greater New York, New York , Assistant Vice President of Real Estate/Asset Management (ADM125), Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!