Business Development Manager, Growth Partnerships
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Team You'll Work With
This role will work across the law firm, venture capital, and
accelerator verticals to pursue, activate, and nurture Growth
Partner relationships. The Carta BD team spans across all verticals
and product lines. The cohesion of these components fosters a
creative and engaging environment for customers, partners, and
Carta team members. -
The Carta Business Development Team is seeking a Business
Development Manager - Growth Partnerships. This individual will be
working to activate and develop new, existing, and prospective
partner relationships to drive meaningful & measurable results. The
position will consist of two main functions: partner development
and partner program enhancement. Partner development requires a
high degree of product knowledge, conversational awareness, and an
Always Be Helpful approach. Partner program enhancement requires
the ability to to take a step back from the day-to-day and layer
new strategy and experimentation onto our existing workflows to
help us better serve our partners. This individual will work across
all Partner verticals and cross functionally to drive new
initiatives at Carta. -
The Problems You'll Solve -
- Activate and build relationships for new Law Firm, VC, and
- Deepen our Law Firm relationships through product trainings,
cadenced check-ins & meetings, and general responsiveness.
- Conduct quarterly outreach relaying relevant product,
Partnership, and educational material to our Partners.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal,
Implementations, and Support; convey feedback from the field to
- Synthesize market feedback & Partner experiences into data
driven anecdotes for new initiatives. -
- Identify and pursue opportunities in new territories to expand
the Carta network (across geographies, industries & Partner
- Operate in the field as a representative of Carta, meeting with
current and prospective partners and attending industry events on
Carta's behalf (up to 25% travel)
The Impact You'll Have
You will build a scalable and high-impact way for Partners to
experience Carta for themselves and their clients / portfolio
companies. Your program ownership and development will make you a
key stakeholder in product and Partner program direction. Your
responsiveness & helpful attitude will build goodwill and trust
across our Partners. -
You are energized by persuasive discussion and relationship
building. One of your preferred modes of learning is by seeking
discomfort & unknown situations. You hold your work to a high
quality standard while prioritizing 'done' rather than 'perfect'.
You have a 'find a way' mentality and let go of small mistakes -
you're scrappy. You're fanatical about building new Partnerships,
and you read market-signals to craft and deliver data-driven
stories & outcomes. You infuse energy into conversations and can
actively listen to discover the best path forward. You are
accountable and willing to take & deliver honest feedback.
Integrity is paramount to you. -
- Background in outbound sales or relevant BD work.
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills, with
experience across the VC & Startup space. -
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models.
- Proven ability to deliver on goals & metrics.
- Ability to turn market experiences into meaningful data and
- 1-2 years of relevant business development and/or fast-paced
SaaS sales experience. -
- Prior experience managing relationships with ecosystem partners
across law firms, venture capital firms, or accelerators.
- Understanding of equity management, liquidity, fund
administration, or valuation services. -
Keywords: Carta, New York , Business Development Manager, Growth Partnerships, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!