Senior Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager
Company: NALP (National Association for Law Placement) Grou
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international
law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the
United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. - We are currently
seeking a Senior Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager in the
Attorney Recruiting & Development department under the general
supervision of the Director of Attorney Recruiting and the Office
Hiring Partner. The Attorney Recruiting & Development department is
a dynamic team comprised of individuals who strive to provide a
high level of client service in every aspect of their
responsibilities and who are inspired to work together to develop
innovative, first-of-class recruiting and development practices. -
This is a unique opportunity to play an important role in the
recruitment and professional development efforts of lawyers
practicing in the New York office. - - - The role will reside in
the New York office and will be responsible for managing all
aspects of the firm's attorney recruiting and development functions
in New York including developing the strategy for lateral attorney
and law student recruitment in the market, overseeing the annual
Summer Associate Program, acting as a key professional development
resource to the lawyers in the region, implementing firm and office
training programs, and supervising assigned department staff. -
-The Senior Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager is expected
to serve as a positive role model and mentor, and to perform all
responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to
the firm's lawyers, advisors and staff, efficient and effective
departmental operations, and an atmosphere of teamwork and
continuous improvement. - Above all, the Senior Attorney Recruiting
& Development Manager must fulfill the needs of the firm in a
manner that is consistent with the Firm's Core Values. Key
responsibilities of this position include: Attorney Recruiting
- Manage all aspects of the lateral attorney recruitment program
for assigned practice groups including relationships with
third-party recruiters and the development of a strong pipeline of
talented and diverse candidates, as well as support for lateral
- Oversee law student recruitment efforts including the annual
on-campus interviewing program, recruitment events and the New York
Summer Associate Program.
- Administer and provide guidance during the office Hiring
Committee meetings and hiring recommendations.
- Establish, maintain and build relationships with top-tier law
- Stay current on firm policies and procedures to ensure a
consistent implementation and keep apprised of market trends for
legal recruiting. Attorney Training & Development
- Serve as a trusted resource for lawyers within the region by
providing guidance regarding their professional development and
- In collaboration with the legal personnel and development team,
team and other business services groups, coordinate and support the
annual lawyer/advisor evaluation process.
- Conduct lawyer exit interviews and collaborate with the
firmwide team to compile and analyze the exit data quarterly for
firm and office leadership.
- In collaboration with the attorney training team, coordinate
and support the integration and onboarding of new lawyers joining
the New York offices.
- Participate in the development and implementation of firmwide
attorney development and office training programs for New York
lawyers. Provide guidance regarding state bar dues, bar admissions
and continuing education requirements for New York lawyers. R
ecruiting & Development
- Develop and maintain relationships with members of the office
Associates Committee, Diversity Equity & Inclusion Council, and
Women's Resource Group, and collaborate on ways the department may
help execute and support their recruiting and development
- Identify opportunities to support and enhance the firm's
innovative recruiting and development initiatives, as well as
efforts to maintain the firm's position with the marketplace.
- Participate in scheduled Attorney Recruiting & Development
- Develop and maintain departmental budget in consultation with
the Director of Attorney Recruiting.
- Supervise assigned department employees, including assisting
them with professional growth.
- Special projects and duties, as assigned. Qualifications
(Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in legal talent in a law firm,
with at least three years in a managerial role desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including
Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience in working with attorney recruiting databases
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with peers; lawyers;
office, firm and practice management; and outside business
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under
- Ability to manage multiple projects with specific deadlines and
adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and judgment to accomplish
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to delegate and manage resources effectively.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use critique of work to improve performance.
Keywords: NALP (National Association for Law Placement) Grou, New York , Senior Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!