DIRECTOR - BUSINESS TRANSIENT
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Director of Business Travel is responsible for effectively
establishing and managing client relationships and accounts for
their respective market segment. The Director is responsible for
achieving both team and individual revenue goals through managing
existing client relations, solicitation of new accounts, and
consistent networking efforts. This person must create an
exceptional climate of professional and personable service that
ensures the long term engagement of employees, guests, and
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals
through telephone prospecting, sales calls, site inspections, and
- Meet/exceed solicitation call goals as assigned by Director of
Sales & Marketing.
- Follow up promptly on leads generated by the Global Sales
offices, Tourism Bureau, and any other lead generating
- Assist in the development and implementation of quarterly Sales
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours,
and site inspections.
- Coordinate and participate in blitzes, expositions, fairs,
familiarization trips, site inspections, and other relevant
activities, exhibiting key features and benefits of the
- Be familiar with all Hard Rock Hotels' sales policies and
selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and
Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Use Delphi.fdc or any other applicable computerized sales
management system to manage the hotel's business, including (but
not limited to) generating reports, building accounts, and
recording business development activities.
- Conduct and/or participate in the required company standard
meetings including but not limited to daily business review, weekly
Sales Meetings, Pre-cons, Resume meetings, weekly one-on-one with
the Director of Sales & Marketing and morning standup
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance
personalized service for repeat guests.
- Ensure proper communication between sales and operations
departments to satisfy any special group needs.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine
variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and
- Monitor competitive set activities and adjust execution as
- Monitor industry trends that could impact buying and sourcing
decisions and adjust strategy as needed.
- Monitor account production and conduct quarterly account
- Partner with the Global Sales Office to ensure Hotel is
well-positioned during RFP season.
- Be able to understand and interpret market conditions, trends,
and the competition by analyzing STAR data, Agency 360 Reports, and
sales month-end reports; identify opportunities for growth with new
and existing accounts.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the
property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through
exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest and client complaints and implement changes to
prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback.
Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain effective relationships with clients and meet and
greet onsite contacts.
- Promote the organization in and out of industry and at relevant
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients,
owners, and investors.
- Generate incremental revenue and brand awareness through the
creation and implementation of brand relevant local events and
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation
in community and professional associations, activities and
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand
and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company
- Participate in the weekend MOD program.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the
hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and
SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by
the sales team.
3-5 years' experience in hospitality management in a sales role,
preferably in a luxury hotel property. Experience with the
corporate and consortia segments. -Comprehensive knowledge of the
account procurement process. In-depth knowledge of the New York
City market including strong relationships with corporate
companies, luxury travel advisors, and intermediaries. -College
Degree/diploma in Hospitality Management, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience that provides knowledge,
skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties
of the position. - -
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, New York , DIRECTOR - BUSINESS TRANSIENT, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!