Director, CSA - FHC (Brooklyn)
Company: NYU Langone Hospitals
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3
Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center
network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It
includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers
and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest
dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral
health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine
sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive
HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support
center that offers educational, vocational, and other social
support programs. Learn more about -Family Health Centers at NYU -
Langone , -and interact with us on -LinkedIn , -Glassdoor , -Indeed
, -Facebook , -Twitter , -YouTube -and -Instagram . Position
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director,
In this role, the successful candidate the Education Director of an
early childhood center is responsible for overall administration
and supervision of the day care services to families and children
within the framework of Sunset Bay Community Services, ACS, DOH,
CACFP and NAEYC policies and procedures. These responsibilities
shall include coordination and supervisor of all program components
including implementation of developmentally appropriate practices,
preventative health and social services, compliance with
nutritional standards, staff development, community outreach,
parent involvement in program operations, fiscal management and
accountability, and facilities management. In order to effectively
carry out these overall responsibilities, the Director shall
consider, confer and consult with other supervisory staff members
of the center as well as the Directors of Early Childhood Education
and Community Based programs in arriving at decisions affecting
areas in which these persons may be specialists Job
- Planning group meetings with parents and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide
developmentally appropriate programming based on physical,
psychosocial, educational, safety and
- Recruiting and hiring of competent, qualified staff.
- Coordinating and supervising staff in developing and
maintaining a total program in education, health, nutrition, and
social services to meet the needs of the children served.
- Developing and maintaining good staff relationships, including
awareness of the particular job of each staff member and its
relationship to the whole.
- Establishing time and work schedule for all staff in relation
to the daily tasks. Scheduling appointments, individual and group
conferences and vacations for all
- Organizing own time schedule so that important matters receive
- Maintaining sound financial management, keeping expenditures
within budgetary limitations.
- Purchasing all necessary educational, office and facility
supplies for which budgeted funds are available and fundraising to
support program enhancements
- Maintaining current parent fee collections.
- Supervising the bookkeeper in maintaining a system of financial
recording, accounting, statistical reporting and provision for
filing and safeguarding of records. Holding regular conferences
with the bookkeeper to become appraised of the status of these
records and financial needs.
- Being available to accountants at the time audits are
- Supervising efficient household management by seeing that safe
and sanitary conditions are maintained and that the facility is
kept in good repair so that proper protection of children is
- In consultation with the cook, planning menus in accordance
with accepted nutritional standards for children
- Developing and maintaining quality standards of education and
nurture of the children throughout the total day of the center's
operations by maintaining a program that meets the emotional,
physical, intellectual and social needs of the individual child and
- Coordinating the work schedules of individual staff with
planned group activities.
- Responsibility for seeing that staff records observations of
each child and utilizing these with staff for program planning and
referrals, as needed.
- Supervision of staff by helping staff to understand the
framework of the agency and the community in which they work.
- Responsible for the professional growth and development of
staff through regularly scheduled individual conferences, group and
staff meetings, and frequent observation and discussion of
teachers' performance with their groups.
- Helping staff find practical application for theoretical
- Maintaining professional relationships in dealing with
- Keeping staff informed about and stimulating their interest in
current developments in the professional field, such as courses,
lectures, conferences, etc.
- Evaluating staff in writing at the end of probationary periods
and annually thereafter
- Encouraging good relationships among the staff and staff
participation in the entire program.
- Assisting staff in organization of work and sound use of
- Identify and cultivate appropriate community partnerships to
enhance or expand opportunities for children and families
- Facilitating the election, establishment and continuation of a
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC).
- Assisting in creating a mechanism for regular communication
between leadership and PAC
- Developing necessary policies and programs in accordance with
the organization and all regulatory bodies and in collaboration
- Maintaining, and helping staff maintain, good continuing
relationships with parents, through informal contacts, activities
in the classroom, planned conferences and appropriately shared
information about children's progress. Minimum Qualifications:
- To qualify you must have a Masters in Early Childhood
Education, Education, or related field
- Permanent NYS Certification
- Three years relevant experience Qualified candidates must be
able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff
with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an
institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel
good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO
policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal
"EEO is the law" poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
Keywords: NYU Langone Hospitals, New York , Director, CSA - FHC (Brooklyn), Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!