Senior Art Director
Company: Barbarian Group
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
As a member of the Barbarian Creative department you will
influence changes in consumer behavior through ideas, creativity
and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to
digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best
global brands. As Senior Art director you will have an obsessive
passion for design and world-class ideas. You will provide
leadership for the brands you work on, understand a brand's look
and feel to establish art direction, style and tone of
communication. Working with Copywriters you will create innovative
concepts and push the idea through to art. You will play an active
role in brainstorming, idea generation to deliver world-class
executions of innovative campaign art, interface design and
interaction design experiences across all digital platforms. You
will provide support to the Creative Director and ECD by ensuring
the quality of work produced by more junior members of the team is
of high standards. Contributing to Barbarian's Creative values:
Innovation, Service, Craft and Thought; you will be excited about
being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new
challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are
done for our clients. Benefits of Working at Barbarian: - At
Barbarian, we consider our people to be our greatest asset. We have
benefits and policies in place to create an inclusive and inspiring
- Unlimited PTO
- Mental health support
- Competitive Parental Leave that gives you time to bond with
your family. -
- Flexible work set-up, remote and hybrid working is available
and encouraged. -
- $250 stipend to outfit your remote working space. -
- 401k matching, 50% up to the first 3%
- 3% certification, which means we promote and pay everyone
- $5,000 employee referral bonus through Q1 2022
- Financial incentive for new business introductions What You Do:
- Deliver and inspire award-winning work from both yourself and
others who work with you, influencing where appropriate a dramatic
change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and
high-quality work to clients on time.
- High level internal and external client satisfaction.
- High level of team satisfaction.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital
- Apply these new skills to work practices to help improve
processes and procedures.
- Participate in a number of pitches working with ACD's and
- Key technical competencies: Creative Briefs Listens to and
responds to a brief, understanding where/if there are gaps. Knows
what questions to ask during the briefing session in order to act
upon it, understands how to respond to a brief. Leads by example to
inspire creative colleagues to originate pioneering ideas that
conceptualise world- class solutions. Plays an active role in
brainstorming or idea generation and communicates ideas and
thoughts clearly. Establishes art direction, style and tone of
communication. Proposes/delivers world-class executions of
innovative interface design and interaction design experiences
across all digital platforms. Provides assets to relevant
disciplines to implement designs. Provides visual QA comments to,
and carries out consultation with, Client Services, Technology and
project management teams throughout the project. Creating award
entries and case studies Responsible for creation of award entries
and case studies of key projects, ensuring they are distributed
across the business to relevant people (e.g. client team, Creative
Directors, and Business Development teams). Scriptwriting and
storyboarding Able to work with copywriters to produce clear
storyboards that communicate an idea. Collaborate on scripts for
film, animation or moving image content or concepts, Able to work
with copywriters to craft voiceover scripts that are fluid,
natural. Able to attend casting briefs and input into the casting
of voiceover or film talent. Able to attend recording sessions and
guide voiceover talent on style. Able to create moodboards and film
references for treatments direct shoots. Contributes to ideas and
creative work for new business pitches and creative workshops. As
well as creating visuals and comps for any presentation documents.
Displays an enthusiasm for creating pioneering ideas and is excited
by the challenge of moving in new (and potentially more difficult)
creative directions. Able to understand the value of analyzing what
has worked in the past and applying these learnings to future
thinking. Service Able to balance specific client demands with
project realities and can reliably close the loop on all open
issues in a timely manner. Has a strong sense of personal
responsibility for their work and that of their teammates and will
proactively provide assistance (no matter the situation) to ensure
delivery of highest quality work within required timeframes. Craft
Possesses a strong bias to action and is able to consistently
deliver high quality work within required timeframes. Goes the
extra mile to ensure deliverables meet the highest standards and
strives for creative perfection. Is positive, upbeat and committed
to their working life and makes a positive contribution to team
morale. Thought Has the ability to think issues through before
acting and knows when to escalate. Possesses strong listening
skills and asks open-ended questions to ensure full understanding.
Able to present information effectively via multiple channels and
is at ease presenting ideas or solutions in team meetings or the
occasional larger group setting. What You Need:
- Proven experience working as an Art Director is required.
- Experience working in a creative/agency environment is
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or
another design-related field preferred.
- Proven creative success working in collaborative
- Strong information presentation (visual and written)
- Considerable experience developing successful concepts, many of
which have been adopted by clients or other team members.
- Extensive experience using the most common software: Adobe,
Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, Sketch, After effects, Adobe
- Experience of nurturing and growing client relationships.
- Extensive experience with all the relevant software packages
and hardware, and a working knowledge of emerging platforms.
Barbarian is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly
support diversity in the workforce.
Keywords: Barbarian Group, New York , Senior Art Director, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!