Director, Software Development
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that
means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because
the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also
happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This opportunity is for a Director of Software Development who will
manage and grow one or more engineering teams for Audible's Content
and Royalty Systems group. We are embarking on a mission to reshape
our systems and delight our customers and drive a strong
engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push highest
quality of Audio/Metadata for our Audible customers; wherever our
customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and
strengthening our development process, how we work and leveraging
new technologies to deliver services and applications. We need your
help to develop and deliver on this global vision.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our team is responsible for building core platforms that enables
audio production team across globe to process audio, and all the
workflow orchestration. We are responsible for building scalable
systems that enable audio asset management from ingestion to
publishing. We are the team which owns AudioAssets@Audible and make
it available to millions of Audible members to hear and interact
with spoken word content. These systems are built using cutting
edge technologies from AWS like S3, Lambda, SWF, Rekognition and
As a Manager of Software Development, you will...
- Own and lead full life cycle delivery of cross functional
projects spanning teams across Audible and Amazon.
- Drive development and operational excellence of our flagship
- Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them
grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their
ability to get things done.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design,
develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and
inspires our peers.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and
quality in a fast agile environment.
- Lead 1-2 Scrum teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering
- Experience partnering with product OR program management
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing
(architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and
Experience leading full stack development web teams.
- 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of
distributed multi-tier applications.
- 3+ years experience managing agile software projects across
multiple and geographically distributed teams.PREFERRED
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of web and SOA distributed
technologies and platforms such as Java/J2EE.
- Demonstrated experience implementing solutions leveraging AWS
- Past experience leveraging machine learning models to deliver
insights and enrich customer experiences is highly preferred.
- Action-oriented strategic thinker.
- Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is
the only constant.
- Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very
fast paced environment.
- Track record of defining and delivering cross functional
solutions that are innovative and extensible.
- Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Highly autonomous. Delivers with little guidance.
- Strong mentor of peers and subordinates.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice.
We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator
and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the
ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we
tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments
into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's
service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and
problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas
and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Audible, New York , Director, Software Development, Executive , Mountainside, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!