Complex Assistant Director of Finance
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com. Location Hilton
Garden Inn New York Times Square Central is a brand new hotel
ideally located on famous 42nd Street, steps from Broadway
theaters, Restaurant Row & more. The hotel offers 282 brand-new
guestrooms with king or two queen beds plus modern in-room
amenities. Overview The Complex Assistant Director of Finance is
responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial
area of the hotel by supplying the accounting staff with guidance
and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the
profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely
financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal
control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local
regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
- Assist Director of Finance in timely preparation of monthly
financial statements for the property
- Prepare, monitor, and accurately record hotel revenues daily by
preparation of the Income Journal. Identify all variances to budget
and last year.
- Monitoring and control of hotel operations, cash flow and
operating forecasts for the property
- Under guidance of Director of Finance maintain timely
interaction with Department Heads to assure that property
operations are on track and under control at all times
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger
account reconciliations for the property
- Supervision of accounting department staff
- Compliance with Highgate Accounting Policies and Procedures and
internal controls for our finance and accounting operations
- Effectively manage and communicate related issues related to
management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and
timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate
recording in accordance with Highgate Hotel's established
guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to
prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist
Director of Finance and advise Department Heads in maintaining the
hotels' financial objectives.
- With supervision of Director of Finance hire, train, supervise
and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word and financial accounting
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written
- Long hours and sometimes required.
- Hospitality related financial management and accounting
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., New York , Complex Assistant Director of Finance, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!