Convention Services Manager
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Ideally located in the heart of everything that makes Richmond a
unique and special destination, the Omni Richmond Hotel is known
for refined Southern hospitality in an elegant and relaxing
setting. Nestled within the historic and vibrant Shockoe Slip
district, our guests enjoy a location adjacent to timeless
architecture, restaurants, nightlife and the scenic James River.
The Omni Richmond is at the very center of Richmond's financial and
legislative districts, blocks from the Virginia State Capitol.Omni
Richmond's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work
environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the
pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for
exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and
empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated
person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Richmond Hotel may
be your perfect match.
To discuss meeting room arrangements with clients and to
communicate this information through respective hotel department
heads via meetings and resumes on a daily/weekly basis. -$45,000
plus bonus. - Bonus potential is up to 30% of base salary.
- Provides customer service to guests on the phone and in person
in a friendly and professional manner in accordance with Omni's 19
- Process turnovers of group sales contracts. - Re-Check function
diary to ensure proper space has been assigned. - Complete joint
introduction call with sales manager.
- Provides hotel site inspections when necessary and entertain
clients to establish closer working relations when
- Maintains account files and ensures that all information is
included in file, i.e. correspondence, booking recaps, contracts,
credit applications, BEO's, etc.
- Manage all aspects of event details with internal and external
customers to include bu tnot limited to: group landing page, menu
design and selection, room block management, audiovisual orders,
exhibitor management, outside vendor coordination.
- Prepare resumes for groups and distribute to operations teams.
- Ensure accuracy of information regarding group details.
- Conducts Pre-Convention and Post-Convention meetings as
requested by client. - Introduce client to hotel management team,
review event details, and gain feedback at event
- Greet client prior to event start time. - Maintains a presence
on the banquet floor during the conference. - Will ensure the
meeting arrangements are met to contact specifications.
- After the conclusion of meeting, reviews final bill and
comments with meeting planner. - Ensure 100% accuracy and timely
processing of bill.
- Distributes and process post convention reports to operations
teams at the conclusion of the event. - Record feedback details in
Delphi account for historial purposes.
- Completes group Moments of Service reports as outlined through
- Coordinates general office functions. - Including ensuring that
the office environment is neat and organized, equipment is properly
maintained and supplies are ordered.
- Completes assignments as assigned from the Director of Catering
and Convention Services.
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or related field
- Flexible work hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
in order to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in catering sales,
or conference services, preferably as a manager in a luxury hotel
- Strong computer knowledge, with technical ability and/or
aptitude to fully use Microsoft Word, Delphi, Excel, Outlook, and
other management systems.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dissemination of information to/from other
- Participate in hotel wide MOD and Lobby Ambassador
- Participate in monthly divisional meeting.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran
employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are
available using the following links: -EEOC is the Law Poster -and
the following link is the -OFCCP's Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination policy statement -
End of Job Description#IND123
Keywords: Omni Hotels & Resorts, New York , Convention Services Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!