Interim Director of Product
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionHello!We are Verbal+Visual. We craft considered
e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put
people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly
tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands
that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make
commerce that matters.The Role:The Interim Director of Product
works closely with clients and other internal departments to design
transformative experiences and identify technology solutions to
enable their eCommerce and business growth. They are a
representative of the culture that Verbal+Visual strives to create.
The Interim Director of Product leads by example to create an
atmosphere of safety, inclusivity, and broad perspective that
results in meaningful and impactful work for both individuals and
our clientele. This role reports directly to the CEO.This is a
contract position and will be part-time or full-time from August
2022 through the end of December 2022. Essential Functions:
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and oversight, across all
competencies, to all members of the Product team.
- Support and guide the Product team on large, challenging,
multi-disciplinary e-commerce projects, helping them leverage
creative, strategic, and insightful project approaches.
- Facilitate knowledge share and operation efficiencies within
the department to maximize project effectiveness.
- Support the new business development team in providing
high-level effective strategies for potential clients to help close
deals, as well as scoping the work and key deliverables for the
Product team to lead as part of the potential project.
- Support the production and delivery team as it relates to
forecasting and resource allocation for Product team members.
- Support the account team in any communication and information
as it relates to contract increase proposals and
- Effectively communicate ideas in all written and verbal
interactions in order to build strong relationships and ensure the
right actions are taken.
- Assist in the creation, organization, and maintenance of
- Balance innovation and practicality in strategic approaches and
evaluation of the work being made.
- Ensure quality strategic decisions are being proposed to
promote business and account growth for our brands.
- Effectively lead and recap:
- Weekly Product Standup
- Weekly ShopTalk
- Knowledge share opportunity for team members curated by the
Interim Director of Product
- Weekly 1:1s for all Product team members
- Focused on project challenges or support needed
- Quarterly performance reviews for all Product team members
- Attend and participate in:
- Weekly Monday Kickoff
- Weekly Delivery Meeting
- Weekly Leadership Meeting (?)Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager and Director on
complex technical projects, including web, product, or
- Managerial experience with other Product Managers ideally
within an agency environment.
- Demonstrated history of creative or e-commerce content-focused
product management and strategy.
- Experience directly and respectfully managing enterprise-level
clients as well as large, multidisciplinary internal project
- Experience confidently facilitating and actively engaging with
digital project/product management processes, approaches, and
- Expert understanding of and curiosity about technology, digital
products, and content distribution platforms.Benefits:All team
members receive a robust benefits package which includes the
- Health Insurance (partial coverage)
- Dental Insurance (full coverage)
- Vision (full coverage)
- Retirement Package With Company Matching
- 15 Total PTO Days
- Two Full-Team Mental Health Weeks with the Company Closed (one
summer, one winter)
- Four & a half day work week (year round summer Fridays)
- Weekly Team Gatherings
- Bi-Annual Full Team Summits
- & Much More! * As an inclusive work environment, a degree from
an accredited university is not required to apply for this
position. We value your abilities to perform the aforementioned job
functions listed above as a primary indicator of your qualification
for this role.** We're a remote-first, office optional company. Our
office is located in Brooklyn, New York.*** No unsolicited 3rd
party recruiter submissions please!We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or
expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace, a minority & women owned certified business,
the first ever carbon neutral certified e-commerce agency, and a
New York City based organization.Data Privacy Notice Here
For a more thorough consideration of your application, please make
sure to complete all questions below.
Keywords: Verbal+Visual, New York , Interim Director of Product, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!