Vice President, Digital Products, The Jed Foundation
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About the Jed Foundation
JED is a nonprofit that protects emotional health and prevents
suicide for our nation's teens and young adults. We're partnering
with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health,
substance misuse and suicide prevention programs and systems. We're
equipping teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to
help themselves and each other. We're encouraging community
awareness, understanding and action for young adult mental
The Vice President, Digital Products (VP) is part of the Program
Marketing and Campaigns team and will lead the design, development,
and overall strategy of The Jed Foundation's digital products.
Reporting to the Program Marketing and Campaigns Lead and working
collaboratively across teams, the VP will drive compelling and
impactful experiences to serve JED audiences and priorities, and
own and manage the build of products from concept to launch. They
will be responsible for defining, developing, iterating on, and
optimizing JED's core user experiences, back-end requirements, and
metric measurements of features.
This is a unique opportunity for a digital products leader to join
a new team in the midst of exciting growth and change. The ideal
candidate brings experience with digital products and a record of
working cross-functionally to achieve goals. They are a patient and
empathetic project manager who understands the process of building
digital platforms to meet the needs of rapidly growing programs.
JED is deeply committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
antiracism as demonstrated , and the ideal candidate shares this
- Develop and implement the vision and strategies for all web
products and platforms to improve the JED experience for our
- Work across teams and with researchers/analysts to understand
user needs and JED priorities to define/refine product
opportunities for the jedfoundation.org site and membership
- Learn the psychology, pain points, and behavior of potential
JED users to develop solutions that will work for them.
- Develop a deep understanding of JED's impact model and
define/refine web products and user experiences that deliver and
- Create, and manage to completion, product and feature concepts,
road maps, functional specifications documentation, and metric
targets for our desired goals and measure progress toward
- Work cross-functionally with other organizational leaders in
program, marketing, development, and operations to translate
organization needs into JED web products and engage larger user
- Lead iterative improvement projects as well as new product
ideation and prioritization.
- With leadership and team, generate and evaluate ideas that can
help move the needle through user research/feedback, brainstorms,
competitive research, and more.
- Prioritize ideas in a robust, data-informed way to have the
most impact with limited resources-time engineering, user volume,
- Select and deploy an infrastructure that will scale with JED
and adjust to feedback, including, over time, incorporating
CCPA/PCI-compliant elements and newly identified features and
- Execute data-driven product development, experimentation, and
- Strategize and implement targeted, strategic improvements to
both the front-end experience and back-end architecture of
jedfoundation.org, membership platforms, and other sites to ensure
our web products remain up to date and competitive; stay abreast of
broader web UX and platform trends.
- Lead team and vendors through data-driven product development
cycles-UI/UX, engineering, QA, and data analysis.
- Direct and manage the build of compelling products and features
- Write design documents for new
products/features/content/initiatives with input from internal and
- Implement qualitative and quantitative feedback loops for
products and features, as well as a robust data
- Integrate analytics into all major product decisions,
identifying valuable audience segments and funnels and adapting web
products to enhance engagement.
- Lead JED's efforts to make our digital products more inclusive
and accessible, focusing on sharing learnings, best practices, and
other resources across the organization for adoption by other
- Direct and manage digital product operations.
- Effectively manage project budgets to align priorities,
resources, and timelines across JED's web properties; inform build
vs. buy decisions.
- Identify and manage a hiring plan, vendors ecosystem,
processes, and systems to build out and sustain product offerings,
front- and back-end improvements, and to support new initiatives
with significant web product components.
Qualifications and Experience
- Seven-plus years of experience building and managing web
products in a product leadership role.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to understand
and apply product needs and requirements from diverse
organizational stakeholders and communicate effectively with
- Demonstrated success building and leading a team of designers
and engineers, including vendors, contractors, and internal team
- Expertise in digital production technologies and content
- Comfort with online fundraising, email marketing, and CRM
platforms (experience with Salesforce strongly preferred).
- Fluency in or high comfort level working with the programming
- Project management skills we particularly value:
- User empathy and perspective.
- Ability to drive strategy and engage in big-picture
- Experience with data analysis, metrics, and goal
- Analytical dexterity and critical problem-solving.
- Scrappy execution and focus on outcomes.
- Curiosity that drives a need to stay on the cusp of software
and product trends in the industry beyond those used by
Salary target: $200,000
Location: New York, NY preferred
Jed is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace
that values teamwork, collaboration, and creativity. Jed is an
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: LeaderFit, New York , Vice President, Digital Products, The Jed Foundation, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!