Youth Center Director
Company: Madison Square Boys
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of
youth by providing youth development services for children in New
York City's most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are
engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority
outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the
adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides
thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one
where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A
founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently
serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at five sites
throughout Brooklyn, Bronx, and Harlem. We are offering an exciting
opportunity for a Youth Center Director at our following
- Navy Yard Clubhouse - Brooklyn, NYThis is a full-time position
working 35 hours a week Monday through Friday in the morning and
afternoon.The Youth Center Director will be directly responsible
for the overseeing of operations and programs of the designated
Clubhouse with the primary concern for programs and service
delivery; facilities and budget management; staff development;
supervision and training of assigned staff and program volunteers;
assists with community relations, membership growth and
administration. Manage the coordination of club related events;
manage the safe and routine use of the facilities; and
collaboratively design, implement and evaluate the annual
implementation of the strategic plan for the position.Youth Center
Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs the overall Club programs. Conducts program
evaluations and annual written analysis of member needs/interests;
assists in development of annual program objectives, monthly
calendars and prepares relevant reports. Compiles monthly
statistical reports reflecting all activities, attendance and
- Recruits, trains, direct, motivate, evaluate and supervise
clubhouse staff and volunteers.
- Assists with the preparation of the Club annual budget and
operations within approved budget.
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of the physical property
and equipment of the Club, including use of facility by outside
groups; responsible for overall cleanliness, attractiveness and
safety of property and equipment.
- Develops and maintains friendly and cooperative relationships
with public, civic groups, social agencies, schools, members'
parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize
the Club within the community. Represents the organization and
interprets its objectives, standards and programs. Promotes and
stimulates membership within the Club. Purchase supplies and
equipment for the clubhouse
- Supports the Board and CEO in fundraising efforts and ensures
accountability to Immediate Supervisor and/or Chief Executive
- Maintains close daily contact with Club professional staff to
interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives
and standards, discuss issues and provide/receive information. Has
regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and
- Completes time reporting for payroll and maintains reporting
- Maintains accurate financial reconciliation files in compliance
with requirements of the financial policies & procedures.
- Communicate the vision, mission and program objectives of
Madison Square Boys & Girls Clubs and the national movement to
volunteers, donors and the community served by the Club.
- Purchases and/or approves purchase of supplies and
- Works with staff on special events and when necessary, carries
out programs in all program areas.
- Exercises authority in problems relating to members; utilizes
guidance and discipline plan.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.Youth Center Director Required
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university.
- 3 - 5 years' work experience in a Boys & Girls Clubs, or
similar organizations. Experience in non - profit operations
management and supervision preferred; OR an equivalent combination
of experience and education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to role model and promote a life style of health,
wellness and fitness to members and their familiesWe offer a
professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package
including 403(b) and pension plan for Youth Center Director
position. EOE M/F/DISABILITY/VETS PI183128698
Keywords: Madison Square Boys, New York , Youth Center Director, Executive , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!