Operations Manager - Brooklyn
Company: NYU Langone Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Operations Manager is responsible for daily operations of the
emergency department, and will ensure operations are consistent
with institutional goals. Responsibilities includes planning and
implementation of multiple projects related to the operations of
the emergency department. Examples include process improvement
projects, documenting policies and procedures, researching
regulatory issues, and coordinating with supporting departments to
manage and optimize operational performance. The operations manager
will establish cross-departmental relationships with multiple
stakeholders, and will report to the Vice President of Hospital
Operations and the Chief of Service of Emergency Medicine at NYU
Langone Hospital Brooklyn.Facilitates the implementation of
operational workflows, along with policies and procedures to ensure
the efficiency of departmental operations, promote quality of care,
and the financial stability of operations.Job Description:
- Support leadership to ensure compliance with all regulatory
guidelines and requirements, to include Joint Commission,
Department of Health, etc.
- Collects, organizes, and presents data on key performance
metrics, including HRO scorecards and initiatives.
- Review weekly patient experience scores and comments, and
organizes comments for discussion at leadership meeting.
- Ensures projects are meeting established timelines /
milestones. Makes recommendations for modification of schedules
and/or plans as necessary.
- Supports the Emergency Department leadership team to maintain
data of key operational metrics, and make suggestions to improve
- Ensures that all procedures are consistent with NYU Langone
Hospital - Brooklyn standards (e.g., safety and infection control
- Responsible for PeopleSoft submissions related to capital and
operating expenditures. In addition, the manager will support the
annual budget process.
- Conduct in-person environmental rounds, identify opportunities,
summarize findings, assign to key stakeholders, and ensure
completion of findings.
- Partners with the hospital analytics team to generate and
disseminates reports and scorecards as needed.
- Support facility upgrade and renovation projects related to the
- Coordinates analysis of performance and biannual reviews for
attending staff, including tracking of key metrics and
documentation of feedback.
- Formulate and propose budget savings initiatives. Organize and
coordinate with clinical staff to implement initiatives.
- Manager is part of the internal leadership team and expected to
lead or participate in institutional projects as needed.
- Manager is expected to ensure strong communication between all
team members, external stakeholders and senior leadership. Ensures
a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal
outcomes and further goals of the emergency department.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Management or related field, or the
equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters
- 3 years of progressive experience in an operational role.
- Excellent analytical, communication and customer service
skills. Strong working knowledge of hospital operations sufficient
to perform analysis, report preparation, generation of
recommendations and development of improvement plans.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, Ability to
approach new problems and develop a systematic, comprehensive
- Knowledge of project and change management tools, methods, and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferred
candidates will also be knowledgeable in in Tableau, Visio, Access,
and Decision Support reporting programs.
- Demonstrated operational management, analytical and leadership
skills, in addition to working effectively with multi-disciplinary
professional and technical staff and to maintain high degree of
confidentiality, as well as work independently to ensure project
- Experienced with process improvement methodologies such as Lean
and Six Sigma.
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Operations Manager - Brooklyn, Executive , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!