Director Of Sales
Company: Le Meridien Central Park
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Responsible for total room, banquet, catering, and room rental
revenue, yield strategies, implementation and accountable to a
market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal
business mix targets. Strategies to include market mix, pricing,
status, and direct sales. The development and solicitation of
business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings
needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through
effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate,
date and space commitments for group room sales within the
- Recruit, Interview, hire, train, recommend performance
evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and HEI
standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to
the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited
to the annual and monthly forecast, lead management system, group
booking pace report, star reports and sales meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect
market trends and related information for development of new
marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve
potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual business plan and
execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as
deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department, executive
committee, and related meetings.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information
using a moderately complex computer system.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet
sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan,
monthly reports, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other
reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates, group sales and catering deployment strategies
through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry
organizations and events.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state,
and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Are you a go-getter? Excel in a high performing culture? Want to
work just minutes from central park? The Le Meridien Central Park
Hotel believes that their biggest asset is their employees. By
joining our dedicated circle you will not only join a unique and
passionate team but you will be joining a family. Our mantra is
Work Hard, Play Hard and Be Kind and we take those words very
seriously. If you are looking for stability, amazing career growth
and to work with an energetic, supportive and a diverse group of
people this is the right place for you. The Le Meridien Central
Park Hotel provides a rare opportunity to have great work-life
balance, create long lasting professional relationships and career
advancement. Come join us!We value U.S. military experience and
invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: Le Meridien Central Park, New York , Director Of Sales, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!