Sr. Director, Workplace 1211
Company: News Corp
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
News Corp is a global diversified media and information services
company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and
engaging content to consumers and businesses throughout the world.
The company comprises businesses across a range of media,
including: news and information services, book publishing, digital
real estate services, cable network programming in Australia and
pay-TV distribution in Australia. Headquartered in New York, the
activities of News Corp are conducted primarily in the United
States, Australia, and the United Kingdom and are distributed under
some of the world's most recognizable and respected brands,
including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, Herald Sun, The Sun,
The Times, HarperCollins Publishers, realestate.com.au, and many
others. As Sr. Director, Workplace 1211 you will be an essential
part of the global Workplace Team reporting to the SVP, Global
Workplace Strategy and focus on leading physical office experiences
at News Corp Headquarters. This role will serve as the point of
contact for 1211 workplace activities ensuring all activities are
consistent with the Company's procedures and work with internal
Clients to offer a productive, innovative workplace environment at
News Corp Headquarters in New York City. Location: New York, NY
with a hybrid working arrangement Project Delivery:
- Oversee concurrent delivery of multiple projects ranging from
small cosmetic refreshes to large department moves. Responsibility
includes ensuring each project is scoped, including budget,
appropriately planned, resourced and is delivered on time and
- Work with Workplace colleagues, functional leaders, business
teams and the executive team to develop space program needs at
- Work with user groups (e.g. Tech, HR, P&F), our internal
clients, to help identify space planning needs and provide space
alternatives when needed. Meet with them to gather information to
develop the project briefs, provide timely progress updates and
timely communication to manage expectations.
- Oversee and facilitate furniture and seating to optimize floor
plans as the business needs change.
- Be the 1211 representative and main point of contact for main
aspects of user group moves.
- Work independently with vendors and other third-party providers
on relocation and move-related matters.
- Identify and coordinate project resources, including Property &
Facilities, People (e.g. Tech, HR & BUs), IT, AV, Security and
Finance, to ensure efficient and timely execution of projects, and
minimal disruption to the business.
- Coordinate with vendors on move requirements, planning and
execution (e.g. ordering and crate movement).
- Manage large group moves onsite (in partnership with 1211
- Organize the removal of old furniture and the delivery of new
items (in partnership with 1211 Office Manger). Strategy:
- Assist Workplace leadership in identifying problems, trends, or
future space needs and make recommendations.
- Work with senior managers to identify growth needs, as they
pertain to the workspace, to ensure agreement on the strategic
direction of the company.
- Organize occupancy studies and provide information or reports
on workspace use.
- Ensure calendar administrators are set to reserve rooms for
project work, events, and executive requests at 1211.
- Coordinate restricted rooms and requests with the internal
- Help with company-wide events (seasonal, budget, festivals) and
- On-site, key point of contact for coordination and facilitation
of events for problems and emergencies. Other Tasks at 1211:
- Work with other Workplace Team members to plan room layouts,
including furniture, equipment, telecommunications, or other
- Provide budget input on occupancy costs and capital
- Develop scope of work documents and review price quotes for BAU
operations specific to Workplace changes.
- Assist the Workplace Design Team with workplace projects,
including the creation of RFPs and contractor selection, gathering
costs for the Manager of Project Planning, coordinating equipment
and office furniture installations.
- Administer and update iOffice, our computer-aided facility
- Use Zoom, Google and Microsoft business applications
- Read construction drawings You have:
- 8+ years work experience in Media or similar industry
- Five or more years of experience as a workplace leader
- Knowledge of the company organization and office
- Strong customer service skills
- Understanding of News Corp business and structure. Equal
Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or
disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/ Vets. #LI-Hybrid
Keywords: News Corp, New York , Sr. Director, Workplace 1211, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!