Company: Spark Packaging
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Plant ManagerLocation: Totowa, NJ
- Plan, organize, direct and lead the day-to-day operations of
the plant (to include production output, product quality and
- Develop and set quarterly strategic and tactical plans and lead
team through execution.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while
minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining high quality
- Allocate resources (people, equipment, and materials)
effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal
- Monitor operations 24/7 and trigger corrective actions.
- Develop systems and processes that optimize plant operations,
and personally champion making them "stick".
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Manufacturing
and other plant/corporate resources on new products, equipment and
- Develop processes and training plans to address gaps in safety,
manufacturing, and maintenance programs.
- Work closely with HR to recruit, onboard, train and retain high
- Partners with other functions (quality, sales, finance,
purchasing) to tackle operational issues as well as longer-term
projects (such as equipment improvements, acquisition integration,
- Foster a safe work environment, including practicing all the
latest COVD-19 best practices.
- Proactivity address employees' issues as needed
- Production Management
- Maintenance Team
- Plant Engineering
- Production SchedulingDesired Education and Experience
- Highly experienced manufacturing leader with 7+ years of
experience, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or
- BA/BS in Engineering, ideally Mechanical or Industrial.
- Proven track record of running a successful manufacturing
operation, in particular driving both short and long-term systemic
improvement and operational performance (hitting the numbers).
- Understanding of project management, continuous improvement,
lean and High Performing Teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning, change
management and team development skills.Personal Attributes
- Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships
at all levels in the organization inspiring trust and confidence in
others. Practices being an ideal team player (hungry, humble, and
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees.
- Effectively leading change in a small business
- High level of self-determination and self-management (gets
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn
and embrace new approaches (growth mindset).
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds
self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get
the job done.
- Highly organized, ability to work on multiple project and meet
- Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and
demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty
- Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into
positions of increased responsibility.
Keywords: Spark Packaging, New York , Plant Manager, Executive , Totowa, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!