Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that
unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude
we're simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we're powering a
new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access
to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access
to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from
We're looking for an experienced manager and leader who can help us
scale up our development operation and empower our ridiculously
talented team to build the ticketing platform of the future.
SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that prides itself on
being the ticket provider fans love. Our product culture is defined
by our high quality bar, a "ship early and often" mindset, and a
transparent and autonomous environment. As we grow, the scale of
our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers -
continues to increase. We want to ensure we continue to build the
best product we can.
What you'll do
- Partner with Product to build out the strategic direction for
our Fan Facing teams.
- Manage several engineering managers and teams of
- Provide regular job performance feedback, hold one-on-ones, and
provide career development support to your direct reports.
- Actively participate in our recruiting process, helping us to
grow our engineering team in any way you can.
- Understand and represent the needs of your users - external and
internal - unearthed through research and data
- Set strategic direction, drive planning cycles, and help us
keep our priorities in order.
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right
people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine
- ...and if you have any free time after doing all of that stuff,
writing code is always a good way to stay sharp!
What you have
- Terrific communication skills. You understand how to lead by
- Irreproachable technical skills. Your team should look up to
you as a mentor.
- Knowledge of industry trends in tools and technologies. You can
help your team make good tooling and framework decisions that will
set them up for success.
- At least five years of experience as an engineer in a role that
was mostly about writing code.
- At least five years of experience as a manager of productive,
high-performing engineering teams.
- At least three years of experience managing other managers,
driving strategic alignment.
- A keen interest in partnering with product, design and
stakeholders on what to do as well as how to do it.
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a
week in the office as you'd like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race,
color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry,
ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, military or veteran status, or any other category
protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal
opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive
attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a
diverse culture brings.
Keywords: SeatGeek, New York , Engineering Director, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!