Workforce Development SCSEP Senior Manager
Company: Goodwill Industries Of Delaware & D
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Workforce Development SCSEP Senior Manager is responsible for
administrative management of the federally funded SCSEP program
throughout New Castle County, DE. Responsibilities include fund
management, contract administration, and supervision of the
coordinator. The Manager will provide planning and direction in the
region to develop host agencies and participant placement to
achieve placement goals. The grant funded program subsidizes
part-time employment and training to 55 and over workers to gain
work experience that will lead to unsubsidized private sector
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Follow safety policies and procedures and ensure safe-working
conditions for the department(s) supervised.
- Knows and understands the Goodwill Mission.
- Oversees the daily activities of program and coordinator.
Provide instruction and direction to ensure that program
performance measures are met.
- Become subject matter expert on the SCSEP grant procedures,
income eligibility, assessments, enrollments, rotation plans, and
- Review and assess all background information concerning
strengths, abilities, and vocational preferences, as well as needs
and limitations. Conduct an intensive intake interview with the
client to review information provided by referral source and to
obtain remaining information vital to the development of a plan of
services for the client. Provide referrals.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all documentation meets the
requirements of the funding stream, CARF and legal
- Act as the liaison between other Workforce Development
programs, and external stakeholders.
- Actively participate in job and extended evaluation development
by preparing necessary reports and facilitating staffings as needed
between the funding source, client, and Goodwill.
- Serve as an advocate for the client to ensure that his/her
needs and interest are the core of the program.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records and write reports
according to funding stream guidelines.
- Travel to accommodate clients accordingly.
- Be responsible for ensuring all data is entered into required
systems in a timely and accurate manner per grant
- Provide billable units and outcomes to Leadership as requested.
Complete informal weekly reports, attend meetings, be prompt and
have both performance and attendance excellence.
- Experience managing a team.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft 365.
- All other duties assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree in Social Services or
related field and/or a combination of education and work experience
in the field preferred.
At least 5 years direct experience, including supervisory
responsibilities, and a verifiable track record required.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must be a self-starter that will lead the agency
in proving top quality services and in the development of new
programs and collaborative efforts. Excellent communication skills
and the ability to work in a diverse, rapidly changing environment.
Excellent Microsoft 365 skills. Ability to market and develop
outreach efforts. Strong problem solving and interpersonal
Keywords: Goodwill Industries Of Delaware & D, New York , Workforce Development SCSEP Senior Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!