Senior Director - Product Design
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What we're looking for
We are looking for a passionate Product Design leader who can drive
a holistic design and research strategy across our entire eater and
chef-facing digital platforms. We are a growing team of product
designers and researchers, so you should have previous experience
with leading teams responsible for high-growth consumer marketplace
or e-commerce products.
Come lead us in building a cohesive design framework for ideation
and execution, and strive for consistent alignment between design,
product, and engineering!
We also desire a strategic and growth mindset as you'd be
responsible for developing the careers of your teams and joining
CookUnity's senior leadership team.
This is a leadership role in a growth-focused startup and will
report directly to our Head of Product. You will manage our Product
Design and User Research teams, but partner closely with
CookUnity's founder/CEO and leaders in Engineering, Marketing, CX,
Operations, Chef Success, and the local markets.
Your role is instrumental in establishing a cohesive user
experience across our digital and physical products, bringing the
product vision to life, and inspiring innovation!
We very much care about our customers' journey through eating and
understanding amazing food, and some of these best Chefs in America
will be your close collaborators as the primary members of this
exciting and untapped creator economy. Not only CookUnity's "rising
stars", but also the well-known Chefs we've partnered with as part
of our (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci,
Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
You can learn more about some of our research practices on the
This is a full-time hire.
- Own the company's research and digital product design strategy,
assets, and methodologies.
- Grow the design and research team and, more importantly, the
impact and quality of the solutions.
- Mentor your team and the company on design thinking, product
design, and research best practices, tools, processes, techniques,
- Guide your team through quantitative and qualitative research
activities for CookUnity (frequent surveys, user interviews,
in-product testing) across both eaters and chefs, and collaborate
with Product and Data to draw out insights for action on the
- Be a source for breakthrough ideas, particularly ones that
result dramatically better customer happiness.
- Lead concept testing to evaluate creative opportunities in the
- Extend our design system to better ensure a consistent user
experience and a faster design and development process.
- Keep internal and external team members up-to-date on progress
- 10+ years of experience in product design, at least 4+ years
focused on consumer marketplace or e-commerce products.
- 4+ years of experience managing designers.
- You're experienced in leading, resourcing, and building
- You have demonstrated the ability to operate successfully in a
time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- You have experience as a strategic design leader and
collaborating with executives.
- You have a mastery of modern User research techniques.
- You have proven experience creating beautiful, easy-to-use,
mobile-first, high-converting digital shopping
- You have experience with Digital and also Physical products.
You master lifecycle-focused research.
- You love food!
- Stock Options plan.
- Fitness subsidies.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 - 5 days each
time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and
4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing
meals, added to your account, monthly.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available
within the calendar year.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change
how we eat and how chefs work!
Keywords: CookUnity, New York , Senior Director - Product Design, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!