Director Social Services
Company: Urban Resource
Location: New York
Posted on: September 26, 2022
DescriptionMAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs overall management of the social service component
ensuring that all contractual obligations are met.
- Ensures that the program structure and design fosters an
environment, which facilitates the assessment and support of client
- Ensures that the social service team provides comprehensive
- Develops and internal compliance and quality assurance plan to
monitors the departments activities including regular chart
- Monitors and tracks all activities related to staff and client
responsibilities in the DHS Cares system.
- Provides supervision and guidance to LMSW and MSW (Social
Workers/Client Care Coordinators) and the social service team as a
- Conducts relevant internal training to enhance staff
- Schedules appropriate external training as needed to support
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with funding
sources and other stakeholders (DHS, OTDA).
- Prepares, coordinates and ensures that all reports are accurate
and submitted in a timely manner to DHS and other sources as
- Attends funders meetings, training, and presentations.
- Represents the program director at meetings as required and
assumes responsibility of the program directors duties in his/her
- Develop as needed, implement and maintain consistent policies
and practices regarding program management, client services and
other agency protocols.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.SPECIFICATIONS
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).REQUIRED SKILLS AND
- A minimum of three years supervisory experience in a social
service capacity, preferably in the field of homeless
- Familiarity with DHS and OTDA regulations.
- Must be an intelligent and articulate individual who can relate
to people at all levels of the organization and work well on teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with and sensitivity to
individuals from varying sociodemographic backgrounds including
individuals whom identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender,
queer, and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with
substance use and/or mental health issuesAll new hires, interns and
volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to
their start date unless they have requested a reasonable
accommodation for medical, disability or religious reasons from
URIs People & Culture,
- Masters or better in Social WorkLicenses &
Keywords: Urban Resource, New York , Director Social Services, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!