Company: IDT Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric
and Wendy Schmidt, that bets early on exceptional people making the
world better. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most
promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support,
and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To
realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools -
including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity - for
charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public
purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various
charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential
impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts
we support. Schmidt Futures bets early on exceptional people
working to solve hard problems in science and society. To achieve
this mission, Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who
need opportunity and supports them for life as they work to serve
others. It operates as an initiative of Schmidt Futures and the
Rhodes Trust. While the program starts at ages 15-17, it offers a
lifetime of benefits including scholarships, mentorship, funding
for Winners' ventures and more as they work toward solving
humanity's most pressing problems. The program is designed to
encourage a lifetime of service and learning by providing support
that could include scholarships, career services, and funding
opportunities to help these leaders serve others for decades to
come. Everyone who applies to Rise, from anywhere in the world,
gains access to free online courses, a network of peers, and a
specially curated offering of opportunities from Rise's partners
around the world. - All Rise finalists receive benefits. In 2021,
the 500 Rise finalists selected courses on leadership, youth
advocacy, entrepreneurship, networking, critical thinking, and
finding purpose from our partner organizations Ivy House, Project
Wayfinder, Village Capital, Preparing Global Leaders Forum, Africa
Matters Initiative and Latin American Leadership Academy. The
specific benefits will vary from year to year as new opportunities
become avalable. In addition, Rise finalists will receive access to
resources for career development, and will have the opportunity
over time to compete for additional support offered by Schmidt
Futures and its partners. The Role The Director will lead global
partnerships on behalf of Rise, in conjunction with the Executive
Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fellow will be
responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing global
partnerships in support of the Rise program in order to drive
outreach, program implementation, and the broader mission of Rise.
This person will also identify and lead creative efforts to expand
the impact of the program through partners, including other
funders, foundations, and corporate partners. Key Responsibilities:
Partnership Identification, Outreach, and Management
- Design and lead execution of an expanded Rise partnership
strategy focused on ensuring that, through forging partnerships
with youth serving organizations, Rise has access to and coverage
of young people in every country in the world.
- Supervise team members within the partnership unit and
coordinate engagement with other Rise units and across Schmidt
- Manage all partnership development, engagement, and
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner
outreach and relationship management
- Identify and source partnership opportunities.
- Research partners, identify key players and generate
- Collaborate with senior management to align our internal goals
with new and existing partner relationships.
- Manage ongoing relationships with current partners and offer
new ways to grow the partnership
- Manage relationships with external partners and vendors to
build the brand and the Rise program
- Manage the Rise partnerships team, coordinating the work and
development of the team members.
- Champion and manage new projects to create stronger
- Build the organizational network and global presence through
- Liaise with partners to develop innovative projects,
competitions, and new ways of supporting the Rise program.
- Analyze and report on partner initiatives to develop best
practices for Rise.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience creating robust partnership strategies.
- Strong knowledge of network development and management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of how to build relationships across global
- Demonstrated teamwork ability and record of impact in
high-intensity, team-based environments
- Values-based, collaborative working style with demonstrated
commitment to the highest standards of ethics and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with youth-serving organizations .
- Experience designing and scaling innovative global
- Background in leadership development.
- Experience leveraging technology to catalyze global networks.
- At least 15+ years of work experience in government, business,
philanthropy, academia, or the military
- Demonstrated excellence in partnership development, outreach,
- Significant international experience with a track record of
operating with global partners
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited
- Be based in the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and be able
to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as
needed following company policy and permitting circumstances.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an
Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and
hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment
decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious
belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender,
gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local,
state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive
for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment
of any kind.
Keywords: IDT Corporation, New York , Director, Partnerships, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!