Associate Director, AWS Cloud Engineer
Company: S&P Global, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking an Associate Director,AWS,
Cloud Engineering to be a key player in the Infrastructure
Engineering team to manage the systems administration of AWS Cloud
environment used for running index applications. This role requires
a seasoned engineer who works effectively, both independently as
well as collaboratively, in a team environment.The candidate will
build solutions to manage AWS Cloud Infrastructure resource
provisioning and administration for our index applications. As part
of the core S&PDJI Technology team, the candidate will have the
opportunity to work on innovative technologies, work closely with
Index business stakeholders and participate in formulating the
technology strategy to support & grow the Index
- Administer AWS infrastructure including compute, network and
- Provision compute instances in AWS and manage resource
- Engineer storage solutions, content replication, meet
- Engineer network solutions in AWS and establish connectivity to
- Develop Linux & Ansible scripts to deploy systems
configurations on the Cloud.
- Deploy security patches and upgrades on RedHat Linux Operating
- Configure core services like DNS, LDAP, syslog, mail etc.
- Deploy RDS/Aurora database instances and coordinate with DBA
- Deploy managed services in AWS for Kinesis, Kafka,
ElasticSearch, API Gateway etc.
- Deploy Machine Learning solutions using AWS SageMaker
- Orchestrate container deployment using ECS, EKS, Docker
- Deploy systems monitoring and reporting solutions.
- Recommend hardware and right sizing infrastructure.
- Coordinate implementation of Firewall rules and routing
- Investigate latency issues, network packet drops, system
- Address security vulnerabilities in infrastructure.
- Participate in Risk Assessment reviews, audits.
- Implement highly available & fault-tolerant solutions to
withstand system failures.
- Maintain network diagrams, systems installation configuration &
guides, support procedures and runbook.
- Manage and execute disaster recovery plans, coordinate change
control process, obtain approvals.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate
workarounds to maintain business continuity.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in
work experience; MS in Computer Science desirable.
- 12+ years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering and
- AWS Certification is desirable
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure,
- Experience in System Administration on RedHat Linux or
- Experience in setting up virtual machines & provisioning
- Experience in building network solutions.
- Experience working in data centers or deployment of large-scale
- Experience in system monitoring using Nagios, Splunk, Datadog
or other products.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting production issues and
meeting critical SLAs.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong
verbal and writing proficiencies.S&P Global states that the
anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,800 to
$230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In
addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual
incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional
compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission
plan.This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global
benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our
employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.At
S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word:
essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based
concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market
indicators, such as the S&P 500 - and the Dow Jones Industrial
Average -. More assets are invested in products based upon our
indices than any other index provider in the world; with over
1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people
measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence
that helps investors identify and capitalize on global
opportunities.S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P
Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for
individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with
confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.S&P
Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the
Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring
and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and
trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global
regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's
requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose
securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition
and remediation of positions when there is an effective or
potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is
contingent upon compliance with the Policy.Equal Opportunity
Employer:S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or
any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions
will be considered for employment.If you need an accommodation
during the application process due to a disability, please send an
email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be
forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:The EEO is
the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.Please note
that S&P Global is a federal contractor, and in keeping with
the US Government's federal contractor vaccine mandate, the company
plans to require all employees in the US to be fully vaccinated if
and when such requirements becomes enforceable. S&P Global will
also follow other state and local vaccine requirements which may
Opportunity EmployerS&P Global is an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment
status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job
submissions will be considered for employment.If you need an
accommodation during the application process due to a disability,
please send an email to:and your request will be forwarded to the
appropriate person.US Candidates Only:The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal
- Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group)Job ID: 271818Posted On:
2022-07-07Location: New York, New York, United States
Keywords: S&P Global, Inc., New York , Associate Director, AWS Cloud Engineer, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!