Public Relations Assistant Manager
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Public Relations Assistant Manager
New York, NY
At Cartier North America, we are proud to employ talent from many
different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that
when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered,
creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue
to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity
of our clients and our communities.
The Public Relations Assistant Manager is a vital part of the
department in driving the brand's overall awareness through public
relations & celebrity initiatives to generate qualitative
visibility for the Maison in North America, as well as supporting
Global opportunities taking place in the region. The role requires
a dynamic, experienced, and team-centric individual to support in
managing Public Relations in the North America.
Main accountabilities/objective of the position
This role will be accountable for spearheading Cartier Fragrance &
E-Influencer categories as well as execute brand-building
activities for all product & brand image categories - including
supporting editorial initiatives, influencer relations, brand image
events, boutique transformations and additional projects. This
person must have proven experience in handling multiple projects
simultaneously and be comfortable and successful in a fast-paced
environment with their hand on the pulse of the competitive
Reporting to the PR Manager supporting product & brand image
initiatives, the PR Assistant Manager will be a key contact for
internal and external contacts. Networking, building relationships,
and creating memorable experiences are at the core of our
principles, and we hope you are as excited about public relations &
celebrity initiatives as we are.
* Ensure Cartier is held to the highest standards & brand
positioning across all PR activities for North America (NA).
* Partner with PR Manager in developing focused and elevated
strategies for NA to increase brand awareness, exposure and
editorial coverage for the Maison, including product launches &
brand image initiatives.
* PR lead for all topics surrounding Cartier Fragrances.
Responsible for partnering closely with HQ, Fragrance Marketing &
PR Agency to produce e-influencer initiatives, press treatments,
coverage and experiences for Cartier Fragrances.
* Responsible for concepting and executing PR strategies for
boutique openings and renovations, including but not limited to:
press release, asset creation, pitching, e-influencer activations,
events & experiences. Provides direction and guidance to other PR
team members who may be supporting the project(s).
* Support PR Manager in the development of broader strategies and
pitching of in-depth, key feature stories & large-scale editorial
projects for NA-based outlets.
* Own, maintain and present measuring systems of growth utilizing
DMR (editorial) and Traaker (influencer activations) to ensure
effective strategies - identifying strengths as well as areas for
growth. Analyze missed opportunities and strategize on how to
course correct. Main point of contact for all reporting and
* Brainstorm ideas for PR opportunities and develop strong angles
for pitches, press releases and e-influencer campaigns. Introduce
both traditional & forward-thinking ideas.
* Develop and maintain working relationships with editors,
e-influencers, agents, key stakeholders and vendors in the luxury,
fashion & trade spaces.
* Liaise and partner with NA commercia, marketing & communications
teams on local strategies to create buzz and awareness in local
markets across the regions.
* Work closely with HQ PR office in Paris to support year-round
communications strategies that coincide with global initiatives,
including press presentations, pitching stories about the Maison
and key products, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* 3-6 years of marketing or communications experience with
understanding of luxury media, editorial landscape, and industry
* Established industry & editorial relationships in the luxury,
creative, fashion & trade spaces
* Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal skills &
* Ideal candidate will be a motivated team player with the ability
to multitask while prioritizing a dynamic workload
* Proactive, flexible, organized and hardworking
* Combination of creative & strategic thinking with ability to
* Uphold keen understanding of Maison's image, values and goals
* Provide a consistent, professional and diligent internal &
external experience while managing project expectations
* Time management skills and ability to multitask - this role
requires managing many different areas for several aspects of the
business simultaneously; candidate should not get stressed under
* Excellent computer skills - key platforms include: Microsoft
Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SAP, DMR, Cision & Traaker
Learn more about life at Cartier
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Keywords: Richemont, New York , Public Relations Assistant Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!