Company: Envue Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to
solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are
achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales
accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing
accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and
room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget
process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to
maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer
- Participate in the research the competition's products, services
and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous,
current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V and other
revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of
long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to
maintain awareness within community and to create booking
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative
set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate
creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on
pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all
banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi,
Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
For travelers craving convenient freedom and an uncluttered view,
EnVue, Autograph Collection is New York City on exhibit.
Unparalleled hotel rooftop views and easy transportation options
brings the iconic city closer than ever. Now EnVue rises from the
revitalized Hudson River waterfront offering a clean slate for new
generations to create their own history.Working at EnVue, our team
members are empowered to do their best as they grow their careers
through our various training programs - CBT or classroom style.
Associates are offered a wealth of health and wellness benefits
plus 401K and additional life insurance for family members. Working
hard has its privileges such as HEI and Marriott Hotel discounts
for employees and their immediate family members at location all
over the world. We make life in and out of work stress free by
providing company paid parking, lunch and dinner meals, open
communication and participating in community relation events.Don't
meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown that
women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless
they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to
building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited
about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with
every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to
still send in your information. You may be the perfect candidate
for this or for other roles within our organization!We value U.S.
military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to
Keywords: Envue Hotel, an Autograph Collection, New York , Catering Manager, Executive , Weehawken, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!