Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
Company: Virgils Real BBQ - Time Square
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*The WOW Factor is What Sets Us Apart from the Others!*
At Virgil's Real BBQ, our authentic slow smoked BBQ and Southern
home-style experience keep guests walking in our doors. Our
award-winning BBQ is smoked on premise and our amazing team enjoys
creating a unique guest experience with amazing teamwork and a
touch of southern hospitality. Don't miss this opportunity to join
an amazing and fun team where hard work is rewarded and
opportunities for growth abound.
We are seeking a *Sous Chef* to join our Culinary team. We are
looking for that driven chef who has leadership qualities to mentor
and guide a team of Cooks and Prep cooks. When you join our team,
you become part of a focused team who has a passion for outstanding
food using the freshest ingredients that will allow your team to
deliver remarkable meals daily. As a Sous Chef you are responsible
for making sure every dish we serve is made like Real BBQ!
Your Role with Us:
* Leading the hourly kitchen team members in every capacity and
developing them into future sous chefs.
* Oversee daily operations of the kitchen, supervise line and prep
* Fill in as needed in a every station; expedite and assist with
* Ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared
and are up to the standards of restaurant, monitor quality,
consistency, taste and monitor food cost.
* Provide training for all staff; assist in establishing and
enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and
sanitation; and control food and labor costs while maximizing guest
We Are Looking for Candidates:
* With kitchen manager or lead line cook experience before in a
* Who have strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively
manage and motivate a diverse kitchen team.
* With a strong understanding of Food preparation techniques and
health department rules and regulations.
* With the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload,
in a deadline driven, demanding environment.
* Who are well organized, self-motivated, proactive, a strong
attention to detail.
* With knowledge of restaurant finances, profitability, scheduling
and labor management.
* Who have proficient computer skills.
* Who are able to communicate in English
* With open flexibility to work various shifts.
* Medical & Dental Coverage
* Paid Time Off
* Free delicious employee family meals
* Employee discount in all our restaurants
* Exciting Career Paths
* Competitive Compensation
* Supportive Team Environment
\*We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $68,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* New York, NY 10036: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Kitchen management: 3 years (Required)
* BBQ: 1 year (Required)
* Leadership: 3 years (Required)
* Food service: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Virgils Real BBQ - Time Square, New York , Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!