Assistant Manager, Patient Care
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Valley Stream
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Req Number 71382Job DescriptionJob DescriptionUnder the
leadership of the Manager Patient Care/ Director Patient Care, the
Assistant Manager has shift related fiscal, clinical and
operational accountability. The ANM is responsible for a direct
care unit or units within Northwell Health. Utilizing the nursing
process, the Assistant Manager Patient Care is responsible for
creating a safe, healthy work environment that supports delivery of
high-quality patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. The role is influential in supporting a professional
environment and fostering a culture where highly engaged
interdisciplinary team members are able to contribute to optimal
patient outcomes and to grow professionally. The Assistant Manager
Patient Care maintains clinical expertise and knowledge in order to
provide direct care as a key component of their role.Job
- The Assistant Manager Patient Care supports the nurse manager's
implementation of the strategic plan by effective communication
with all team members.
- The Assistant Manager is actively involved in the interviewing,
hiring, couching and counseling of staff.
- The Assistant Manager develops and sustains relationships with
team members, patients and families centered on trust, respect and
- The Assistant Manager upholds Culture of C.A.R.E., Northwell
Health's promise to our patients and families, to create a culture
of connectedness, awareness, respect and empathy.
- The Assistant Manager inspires and motivates team members by
modeling leadership and professional behaviors that embody The
Northwell Health mission, vision and values.
- The Assistant Manager ensures that team members utilize best
practices that are patient-centered and is a champion for a just
culture where staff feel safe to utilize the tools in
- The Assistant Manager supports employee engagement for the unit
as a priority and executes and monitors the goal and action plans
that support team pride and promote a healthy work
- The Assistant Manager is responsible to demonstrate the core
clinical competencies for the patient population of oversight in
order to provide direct care as a key component of their role.
- The Assistant Manager is a professional role model and clinical
expert, actively practicing and promoting standards of professional
practice, and inspiring team members to pursue continuing
- The Assistant Manager remains current on knowledge of
population health, scope and standards of practice, professionalism
and healthcare legislation, working closely with the NM to inform
- The Assistant Manager supports frontline staff inclusion in
change forums and projects that impact their practice.
- The Assistant Manager demonstrates basic knowledge and
competencies of the business needs for day-to-day operations on the
- The Assistant Manager is responsible to assure day to day
staffing and resources are planned for and reconciled for the shift
of oversight and is able to explain and mitigate variances.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as
- 4-6 years of technical experience and 0-2 years of leadership /
management experience, required.*Additional Salary DetailThe salary
range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of
potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful
applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement
and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's
base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as
applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of
relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts,
budget and internal equity).The salary range for this position is
$94,000-$150,000/yearIt is Northwell Healths policy to provide
equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees
equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color,
national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender
identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic
information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or
familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence,
sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Assistant Manager, Patient Care, Executive , Valley Stream, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!