Director, Safety & Security-Leagues Cup
Company: Major League Soccer
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewThe Leagues Cup Security Director will ensure the
assessment, preparation, planning, delivery, and review of the
security standards established for the Leagues Cup Tournament. -
The position will work to reduce risk and improve the safety of the
tournament using a risk based, intelligence led model. - This
position will partner and collaborate across the MLS and Liga MX
properties as necessary.Responsibilities
- Understand and incorporate an intelligence led, risk-based
methodology for operational and strategic delivery.
- Maintain effective communication and information sharing with
and between MLS venues and LigaMX.
- Partner and collaborate with relevant departments across
Leagues Cup, MLS and LigaMX such as Competition, Operations,
Broadcast, and Events.
- Help drive compliance for the tournament to minimize fan
misconduct and improve guest experience.
- Work closely with Regional SSAs related to venue assessments
and audit processes at MLS venues to identify gaps and work to
ensure compliance by the clubs and venues.
- Help design and oversee delivery of workshop training sessions
and/or annual meetings for the clubs using a continuous improvement
- Oversee and support tournament operations to deliver best
practices and ensure effective coordination/ collaboration.
- Identify ways to collect data and use predictive analytics
related to LigaMX clubs and supporters.Qualifications
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the SVP Safety &
- Travel related to site visits, assessments, training, and
- Bachelors Degree or commensurate relevant job experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Safety & Security (Sports).
- Knowledge of Incident Command System and Unified Command.
- Experience in budgeting and department level finance.
- Experience with policy development, training, and
- Leadership traits to include managing, leading, training
- Experience in organizing, planning, and delivery of large
sporting events (to include multiple venues/ markets).
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours, including
evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of the Spanish Language (business proficiency).
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer. -Desired Skills
- An understanding of the current SSA/RSSA model and how it
supports the MLS clubs.
- An understanding of Mexico its regions, clubs, cultures, and
- Knowledge of the Liga MX supporter landscape.Total
RewardsStarting Base Salary: $115,000.00 $155,000.00. MLS/SUM base
salaries are contingent upon several factors including individual
qualifications, market financials, and operational business
needs.We are committed to providing a Total Rewards package that
attracts, supports, engages, and retains talent through the
- Benefits comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and
vision benefits, as well as a suite of programs to promote
well-being including a $500 Wellness Reimbursement. A generous PTO
offering, and hybrid Office/Remote Work Schedule are also offered
to promote Work-Life balance.
- Career & Professional Development on the job training,
feedback, and on-going educational opportunities to continue your
personal and professional development.
- Employee Engagement office perks, discounts and employee events
that go beyond the traditional paycheck to make you feel a part of
our team and inspire you to elevate the Game. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Major League Soccer, New York , Director, Safety & Security-Leagues Cup, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!