Communications Manager, DOM
Company: Weill Cornell Medical College
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Title: Communications Manager, DOMLocation: MidtownOrg Unit:
CommunicationsWork Days: Monday-FridayExemption Status:Salary
Range: $115,100.00 - $154,900.00*As required under NYC Human Rights
Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC
OfficesPosition SummaryThe Weill Department of Medicine (WDOM)
Communications Manager will develop, oversee, and implement
strategies to communicate the Departments research, education
programs, and clinical care offerings to a wide range of internal
and external audiences. The individual will be responsible for
developing a communication plan that leverages digital and print
platforms while creating opportunities to communicate with both
general interest and specialized scientific audiences. The
Communications Manager will interact directly with the Chair of the
Department as well as leadership across WDOMs divisions. The role
will report to the External Affairs (EA) Director of Digital
Strategy while being integrated within WDOM to support day-to-day
communication needs.Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a communications and marketing plan to
increase WDOM recognition, visibility, and broaden awareness of
departmental programs and services. Build communications campaigns
that foster and support a consistent culture of excellence.
- Develop, manage and maintain key communication channels
including the WDOM public website, WDOM intranet, email newsletters
and distribution lists. Regularly create and review content for
accuracy across these platforms.
- Oversee and execute communications projects (including annual
report) from conception through delivery. Assist and manage the
design, writing, editing, approvals, publication, and distribution
to execute projects expediently and at high quality.
- Manage and develop strategy for layout, content management and
design of WDOM websites; coordinate with ITS to ensure necessary
changes are executed and meet institutional web policies. Plan web
changes with WDOM divisional leadership as necessary.
- Design, draft, edit, and distribute any departmental
newsletters, including collecting and editing content, writing
material, copy editing and coordinating production.
- Review, proofread and edit correspondence and presentations
from the Department as required to ensure consistency and impact to
the target audiences.
- Maintain and review departmental data as necessary to support
communications work, including tracking faculty awards, maintaining
lists of departmental faculty or residents, and maintaining access
and subscriptions to relevant channels.
- Manage and organize photo and video shoots, coordinating with
WCM and NYP Media Relations teams to ensure any filming follows
institutional policy. Working with the Multimedia team, organize
and edit multimedia assets for reuse across WDOM
- Find, negotiate with, and maintain relationships with external
vendors as required to execute communications projects.Education
- Bachelor's Degree in related fieldExperience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in related field (e.g.,
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications)
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a communications
and/or marketing roleKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with communication content on intranet and
- Excellent software skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Excellent command of English language, including well-developed
written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience executing hands-on communications work
to help advance goals.
- Detail-oriented with good analytic skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while coordinating and producing
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit content for various
platforms including print and web
- Knowledge of publications, print and graphic design
- Experience with academic research communication and familiarity
with the organization and culture of academic science
- Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience
- Innovative and flexible thinker
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills; able to
cultivate positive and collegial workplace relationships.
- Ability to self-manage and organize work in a complex work
environmentLicenses and CertificationsWorking Conditions/Physical
DemandsStandard office workWeill Cornell Medicine is a
comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to
excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education
of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our
doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College,
Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill
Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical
care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest
treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the
heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell
Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent
university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international
campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania,
Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve
communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide
comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell
Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and
NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work
together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or
illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our
patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine
is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine
provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Weill Cornell Medical College, New York , Communications Manager, DOM, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!