Director - Ratings Group
Company: Ramax Search, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Total Compensation is targeted at $250K - $300K. To be
determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and
potential value to the department / firm. Director - Ratings Group
Company is headquartered in NYC. Remote candidates considered
Position Overview: Our client is a Nationally Recognized
Statistical Ratings Organization (NRSRO) and is recognized by The
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and The
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) as a Credit Rating
Provider. They serve as a global integrated risk assessment firm
that empowers organizations to make better decisions by issuing
timely and accurate ratings. Long established as a leading global
provider of independent ratings, their platform offers greater
transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to
information coupled with competitive pricing and cutting-edge
technology. Currently they seek to hire a Director for their
Ratings team. Reporting directly to the senior leadership of the
firm this individual will play a key role in fostering rapid growth
throughout the organization. The Director will lead and manage the
Ratings Group to assign new and surveillance ratings with high
quality and consistency, providing comprehensive, logical, accurate
and compliance work product
- Serves as the senior member of the Rating Review and Policies
- Formulates and executes the Ratings Group strategy, serving as
supervisory internal control who is responsible for managing the
day-to-day rating operations.
- Manages the development of firm credit analysis methodologies,
models, credit metrics, rating process, and policies and procedures
to determine a credit rating. Serves as project manager.
- Leads and manages the rating team to continuously improve
ratings results, through recruitment, training, mentoring,
development, succession planning and retention. Specific
Responsibilities will include (but not me limited to):
- Responsible for leading a team, and perfecting rating
methodologies to consistently deliver high quality ratings
- Lead a team of analysts in assigning new ratings with high
quality and consistency.
- Develops and publishes rating criteria and methodologies.
- Prepares credit submissions and presents transactions to the
- Works with the team to proactively identify credit trends and
provide timely and insightful research. Serve as critical
contributor to the development and enhancement of
- Directs team to perform transaction analysis, including
originator/servicer due diligence. cash flow modeling and analysis
of bond structures. Review of legal structures, documentation and
- Actively engages with investors, bankers, and issuers on
- Works with the compliance group and the Board regarding the
rating related matter as appropriate.
- Prepares and presents regular management and Board updates,
highlighting activity and methodology improvement progress.
- Complies with SEC and other regulatory requirements relevant
with best-in-class business practices.
- Serve as Ratings Group representative for SEC annual exam,
manage the rating team's delivering. per SEC or other regulators'
requests, address SEC findings and recommendations, and other
- Represents the firm in industry events and conferences, address
questions from the internal and external customers and/or the
- Writes insightful individual transaction reports as well as
thought leadership articles and market commentaries.
- Communicates feedback from investors and clients, facilitating
improvement in the analytical process and analytical research
- Promotes success with investors and clients, to ensure
understanding of growing market acceptance of firm's credit
- Develops leadership role in the industry. Attends and
participate in industry events, promoting firm participation in
conferences and other speaking opportunities, workshops, and
educational events. Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in credit ratings, research, investing,
underwriting, consulting, or similar experience, preferably within
- Experience working in a credit ratings agency (i.e. NRSRO) and
knowledge of structured finance (i.e. ABS) or debt markets is
- Deep knowledge of credit analysis and understanding of capital
markets. strong visibility and presence in all relevant
- An understanding of rating agencies environment and also of
risk management requirements in strategic decision making, risk
identification, risk quantification / quantitative modelling
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, initiate and execute strategies
within the team and/or across the firm to meet objectives.
- Strong interpersonal relations, with the ability to effectively
influence and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Is a self-starter and team builder who possesses an
entrepreneurial drive, tireless work ethic, and competitive winning
spirit to drive the firm to continued success.
- Competent in project management, process development, execution
- Self-motivated and persistent, with the ability to work
collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines within a
fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Has the highest levels of personal and professional
- Articulate and compelling written and verbal communication
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in finance,
economics, or related area.
- Advanced degree and relevant certifications, highly desired.
Note: -This role not be expected to participate sales and marketing
or other activities against regulation and firm internal policies
Keywords: Ramax Search, Inc., New York , Director - Ratings Group, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!