Sr Design Director, Calvin Klein Underwear
Company: PVH Corp.
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Design Your Future at PVHSr Design Director, Calvin Klein
UnderwearPOSITION SUMMARY: - Senior Design Director of Calvin Klein
Womens Underwear Design. This role will work closely with the SVP
of CKU Womens and Mens, and partner with the VP of CKU Mens in
forming the creative vision for Calvin Klein Underwear. Often
working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects,
the senior design director must be a skilled manager of creative
teams (including but not limited to: Designers, Design Directors
and freelance artists. This role requires at least 6 years'
experience leading design teams for distinct underwear brands. The
senior design director must be an effective communicator,
especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design
teams and company stakeholders.PRIMARY
RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB: -
- Create distinct vision for the brands identity through seasonal
drops and expanding on the brands over-all mission of
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly
to the creative team
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to
hire, develop, and inspire the creative team.
- Ensure that all of the conceptual creative output/visuals are
consistent with the overall Calvin Klein brand.
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in
accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Champion new ideas that will drive the creative presence of the
- Partner with VP of merchandising and Womens Merchandising
Manager to Establish the strategic direction for global womens
underwear product that addresses the needs of diverse buyers while
maintaining brand integrity.
- Build out strategic roadmaps of product, and how it can be
scaled over time
- Manage the creation of computer aided design (CAD)
presentations for internal use market presentations
- Partner with Marketing to create style name and descriptions,
copy and packaging for new groups and silhouettes in line with
- Liaison between global regional teams utilizing external and
internal cross-functional teams to facilitate product assortment,
color flow, and targeted price points in accordance with global
- Partner with cross-functional product development leads to
build off-cycle product initiatives.
- Partner with VP Mens Underwear Design, Design Director Color
and Print, as well as Director of Advanced Concepts and Innovation
to create a sense of cohesion in overall CKU product
- Oversee PVH resources, such as color, fabric, and trim to
standardize look and appeal of offerings with seasonal underwear
- Ability to manage lead time development partnering with Product
Development and Raw Materials teams to maintain deliverables
- Manage Womens Underwear Design Development Calendar including
all internal and external calendars for multiple deliverables
- Prioritize tasks to ensure resource efficiency and
- Establish, monitor, and adhere to product timelines to ensure
on time delivery
- Ensure calendar adherence, assortment focus, and aesthetic
continuity with the Calvin Klein brand
- Report to SVP Design to ensure calendar adherence, assortment
focus, and aesthetic continuity with the Retail and Wholesale
- Partner with Supply to establish costs for line development
understanding pricing strategies and goals
- Design concepts based on merchandising plan, to answer specific
- Attend fittings and review prototypes.
- Convey all information to pertinent parties (Sourcing,
Merchandising, and Technical Design). -
- Responsible for communicating all necessary information for the
- Ability to work cross functionally with Marketing Division,
Global Concept Division, Underwear Team and Design Team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively
communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to
stakeholders and internal teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including
synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership,
team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with
teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly
deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive
criticism.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience: - -
- Experience of 6 year minimum showing design and creative
discipline in global underwear design
- Six or more years of experience as a senior-level designer
experience with a specialization in womens underwear product.
- Familiarity with underwear construction, fabrications, and
treatments -Education: - Bachelor's Degree in Fashion
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to liaise with Retail partners along with
- Manage focused communication to accounts with visual aids to
create visibility of assortment -
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint,
- Previous experience working with North America, Asia and
Europe. -#LI-HYBRID#LI-JL2PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an
equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for
employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and
qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard
to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion,
creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation,
genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status
or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local
law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also
has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to
ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated
solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational
background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve
these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH
prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting
or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior
wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with
the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to
disclose this salary history information to PVH
For U.S. applicants - PVH is requiring all associates and visitors,
including business partners, job applicants, consultants and
contractors to be fully vaccinated to enter our offices in NY and
NJ. All associates must adhere to the PVH COVID-19 vaccination
requirement as a condition of employment subject to accommodations
for medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs,
observance or practice.http://www.pvh.com
Keywords: PVH Corp., New York , Sr Design Director, Calvin Klein Underwear, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!