Director of IT
Company: Thompson Central Park New York
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution
of all IT functions for the hotel. This includes directing all IT
operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and
maintenance of existing applications and development of new
technical solutions.Responsible for the overall planning,
organizing, and execution of all IT functions for the hotel. This
includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements
as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and
development of new technical solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of
- Honesty & Integrity.
- To be mindful of the importance of personal hygiene and
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Overall duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Assist property with the timely and secure installation, setup,
and training of all systems for the opening and on-going operation
of the hotel.
- Turnkey oversight, support, and maintenance of property
components including server hardware and software including: File
and print servers; application/web servers; database servers;
Terminal Servers; SAN, Citrix and VMWare
- Ensuring all components are closely monitored and in good
- Ensuring latest patches/updates (hardware/software) are tested
and deployed on a timely basis.
- Ensuring data backup and disaster recovery is functioning
properly and tested on a regular basis.
- Day-to-day technical support services and ensure resolutions are
provided in a timely and professional manner, for all
supported/centralized systems, including:
- Troubleshooting and management of all
- Office Automation software and collaboration tools (e.g.
- General hardware troubleshooting and support
- General network troubleshooting and support
- General application (Opera, Micros, HotSOS, Alice, Birchstreet,
etc.) troubleshooting and support (with appropriate vendors)
- Coordinate all hardware installation, troubleshooting and
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing
applications by maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and
maintains vendor contracts.
- Analyzes business needs presented by the user community/guests
and recommends technical solutions.
- Managing of third party vendors.
- Assists hotel in all aspects of deploying technology in a
production environment, including coordinating with third-party
vendors for required go-live components.
- Facilitates end-user staff and management training classes to
ensure a smooth installation process and minimize post-installation
- Maintains continuity of technology by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and ongoing needs that
pertain to implementations.
- Oversight of all low voltage cabling plants and maintenance
- Oversight and management of all FTG, VOD, and related television
and HSIA systems at the property.
- Remains abreast of changes in user, system software and hardware
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by
defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for
implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals,
strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and
procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying
problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art
practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Collaborate with staff members, customers, and other managers to
determine project goals, schedules and budgets, and communicate
vital information to project team members and other people
involved. Associated topics: agile, c#, f#, information technology,
linux, machine learning, sdlc, software manager, sw, unix
Keywords: Thompson Central Park New York, New York , Director of IT, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!