Shelter Relief Manager
Company: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewThe Shelter Relief Manager will perform all daily
operational duties at Cornerstone House Emergency Shelter, ensuring
the safety of the residents and maintaining the
- Open & Close Cornerstone House shelter at assigned hours and
follow all established procedures.
- Remain on-site for the entire duration of the shift. Regular
operating hours are 6:00 pm 8:30 am. Sleep time is allowed between
the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m., and on-call for
- Adhere to and enforce all COVID-related protocols.
- Keep facility clean and sanitary (as outlined in operations
manual). Oversee residents to ensure they are performing duties
- Keep lines of communication open with the Business Manager,
Caseworker, and Corps Officer, notifying of all special
- Notify the Business Manager of all necessary repairs, needed
supplies, and other items pertaining to daily operations.
- Work closely with Caseworker to keep informed of resident
activities. Provide updates on the status of available rooms and
- Uphold Regulation and Standards of Operations for Shelter.
Communicate Rules and Regulations to all living at the shelter. -
Report all violations to supervisors.
- Conduct monthly fire drills as scheduled by the Business
- Be available to cover shifts on specified holidays and during
times of inclement weather.
- Uphold the standards and principles of The Salvation Army
mission and ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High School Diploma required.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Possess skills, experience, and/or training to interact with
clients at the point of need.
- First Aid Certification required.
- Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation
Keywords: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory, New York , Shelter Relief Manager, Executive , Montclair, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!