Chief Financial Officer
Company: Ramax Search, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at -$650K (base + cash +
incentive based on firm performance). Opportunity will exist to
participate significant events in firm's future. Total compensation
will be determined based on candidate's credentials, performance
and value added to the firm / department. Position Overview: Our
client is a well-established asset manager serving a diverse client
base including financial advisors, institutions, and individual
investors. They offer multiple investment vehicles across a variety
of investment disciplines specializing in infrastructure and
emerging technologies. Currently, they are experiencing rapid
growth and are in active capital raise mode (-$500 Million over the
past six months) and are looking to continue to grow AUM
significantly over the next 2-3 years. Currently they seek to hire
a motivated, results-oriented senior financial leader to spearhead
a growing finance team. The ideal candidate will have a proven
track record of success overseeing all facets of a finance,
accounting, and treasury in the alternative investment industry.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will
serve a key member of the senior leadership team, offering
strategic guidance to the firm as they continue their rapid growth.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Direct oversight all firm Finance, Accounting and Treasury
- Lead the finance team in monitoring all deliverables and
meeting appropriate deadlines for the firm and subsidiary
- Manage all required reporting including - financial results to
the Board of Directors, Investors, and other interested
- Manage and prepare all strategic financial initiatives
including annual budget plan, financial forecasts, and appropriate
variances in conjunction with appropriate team leads.
- Ensure accuracy and credibility of all company financial
statements and metrics.
- Oversee the creation of and sign-off on all Public SEC
- Key contributor to all aspects of management and planning of
the firm through participation in its Executive Committee and other
relevant corporate committees.
- Serve as point person in dealings with new business prospects
and existing clients.
- Oversee firm relationships with external service providers
including auditors and tax counsel.
- Establish timelines for ongoing projects in conjunction with
firm leadership across investment, operations, business development
and technology teams.
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all
team members. -Staff and scale finance, accounting, operations, and
technology teams efficiently during rapid growth.
- Contribute to all aspects of management planning of the firm
through participation in relevant corporate committees including
the Executive Committee.
- Continue buildout of the firm's financial architecture as
needed to accommodate growth through multiple fund launches.
- 15 + years of relevant work experience with at least several
years in leadership roles as a CFO, Finance Director, or
Controller. Previous public accounting experience preferred.
- Proven track record within the Asset Management / Alternative
Investment industry. .
- CPA (STRONGLY PREFERRED). MBA, CFA or other professional
- Experience working at public company (successful IPO experience
- Knowledge of all elements of financial reporting and accounting
for Investment Management.
- Expertise of finance, accounting, and treasury within the Asset
Management / Alternative Investment
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards including ASC 946,
Investment Company Accounting
- Experience operating in the context of an SEC and FINRA
regulated Registered Investment Advisor and detailed knowledge of
relevant securities regulations at the State and Federal Level
including in-depth knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933 and the
Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Recent experience managing relationships with Investors and
with the Board of Directors
- Hands on experience with managing complex accounting systems
with an eye on automating accounting functions.
- Knowledge of ERP and experience transitioning ERP systems in
high activity environments (+).
- Experience or strong knowledge of the operations of a YieldCo
and other public company structures (+).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong technology skills. Apply Name: Email: Phone: Resume:
Dedicated to the placement of high caliber financial professionals
throughout the entire New York/Tri-State Region. We are a market
leader in permanent, long term consulting and temporary
We remain true to the ideal that each client is our best client.
Our roster of long standing business relationships is quite
extensive and remains the very foundation to our continued
Keywords: Ramax Search, Inc., New York , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!