Manager, U.S. Public Affairs
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 20, 2023
AbbVie seeks a communications manager to drive strategy and
execution of communication programs that support the U.S.
Neuroscience and Eye Care organization.Reporting to the Director,
U.S. Public Affairs, Neuroscience and Eye Care, the Manager is
responsible for leading strategy and execution of external
communications programs that advance AbbVie's Psychiatry and Eye
Care franchises. The Manager must possess strong business acumen,
be a strategic thinker and execute flawlessly while managing a
broad range of internal and external stakeholders across all levels
of brand, functional and company management as needed.
- Represent U.S. Public Affairs on cross-functional brand teams
to ensure external and internal perspective is considered and
leveraged in support of business objectives.
- Lead the development of strategic, high-impact Public Affairs
plans to support business needs and growth and functional U.S.
Public Affairs strategies. Obtain buy-in from functional and
commercial leadership and secure budgets. Oversee implementation of
tactical program elements and ensure deliverables are met on time
and on budget.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of emerging communications
trends to maximize program impact, specifically in the area of
influencer and digital engagement.
- Possess strong media relations skills to ensure all engagements
with reporters are strategic and position AbbVie and the
therapeutic franchise in a positive and balanced way.
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate issues that may present
reputational risk to AbbVie and brands.
- Oversee the identification and development of internal and
third-party spokespeople and prepare them for external speaking
- Simplify complex issues through strong verbal and writing
- Manage review process for external communications materials
(press releases, statements, social/digital content, etc.). Keep
various parties apprised of status, timelines and directional
shifts to ensure smooth review process and to meet corporate
- Consistently share best practices and offer new ideas and
thinking to raise the bar for U.S. Public Affairs team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications,
Journalism or Equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and proven track record of
success in developing and executing corporate and/or product
communications and/or public relations, including media relations
and social media/digital work.
- Experience in the healthcare/bio-pharma industry strongly
- Strong business acumen with the ability to anticipate company
and team needs, including strong understanding of U.S. healthcare
system functioning and intricacies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with
knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies.
- Experience in social media, digital and content marketing, and
in innovative approaches to communications is required.AbbVie is an
equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is
AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability
without discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran,
recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or
active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person's
relationship or association with a protected veteran, including
spouses and other family members, or any other protected group
status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a
disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed
Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign
badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for
viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business
hours.Significant Work Activities: N/ATravel: Yes, 10 % of the
TimeJob Type: ExperiencedSchedule: Full-timeCompensationMinimum
Salary $96,000 Maximum Salary $188,000
Keywords: Disability Solutions, New York , Manager, U.S. Public Affairs, Executive , Madison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...