Balance Sheet Management Senior Lead Analyst
Location: New York
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Balance Sheet Management ("BSM") unit is a division within
Treasury, and is part of Citigroup's broader Finance organization.
Balance Sheet Management's specific responsibilities cover five key
- Asset and Liability Management (ALM):
- FTP Governance & Execution: establishes and oversees the
policies under which business assets and liabilities are priced
based on interest rates and liquidity values; executes various
firm-wide transfer pricing processes; and ensures retained costs
and balance sheet in Treasury are minimal through an effective
- Interest Rate Risk Management: evaluates, analyses, and reports
Interest Rate Risk in the accrual businesses for Citigroup
- Balance Sheet Analytics & Management: conducts analytics
related to the firm's balance sheet, NIR/NIM and associated
financial metrics to drive financial resource allocations, and
leading on internal and external communication of the strategy and
performance of the balance sheet
- Capital Management: Proposes Capital Policy design to Capital
Committee including capital targets and buffers, and manages
capital distribution strategy; designs the methodologies for
allocating capital limits and attributing capital usage to
businesses; and leads the design and delivery of portfolio
management reporting and analytical capabilities to support
Treasury's securities portfolios.
- Balance Sheet Costing and Implementation: Leads the design,
development, and implementation of the firm's and BSM's target
state systems (e.g. Funds Transfer Pricing system).
- Strategic Design and Methodology: Leads cross functional
workstreams to design, enhance, and evolve Balance Sheet costing
frameworks and methodologies across FTP, IRRBB, and Capital. The
team works together with key stakeholders across BSM to design and
build the essential modelling and planning platforms to supply BSM
with accurate and reliable information to make BSM function the way
the firm intends.
- Asset Allocation and Modeling: Designs and manages Treasury's
allocation process on security portfolio strategy for Citi's
$400bn+ global liquidity portfolios. The team also performs the
review and challenge of the Stress Testing results for securities
portfolios, and oversees model governance for models related to
valuation and forecasting of AFS/HTM asset classes. BSM's key goal
is to incentivize optimal usage of balance sheet resources by
measuring and charging businesses for their use. The team also
guides decision making on the firm's management of balance sheet
resources including capital and oversees Interest Rate Risk
Management for the banking book. Together these activities ensure
Citi's balance sheet is managed in a prudent manner whilst also
driving shareholder value.
These functions all provide key inputs into business performance
measurement across all regions, informing senior management on
strategic decision making.
Treasury Senior Lead Analyst - SVP
The Treasury Senior Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who
closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for
application within own job and the business. Typically a small
number of people within the business that provide the same level of
expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to
negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed
communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide,
influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other
areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for
significant direct business results or authoritative advice
regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of
responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a
sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues,
including resource management and allocation of work within the
Within the Strategic Design and Methodology Group, the Treasury
Senior Lead Analyst (SVP) will have the following responsibilities:
- The position will require both individual analytical work as
well as partnership across teams to identify solutions to internal
client and stakeholder inquiries in a timely manner and own the
implementation / execution steps to autonomously drive open issues
to completion. Topics and workstreams will primarily focus on Funds
Transfer Pricing (FTP) (including Interest Rate TP and Liquidity
TP, spanning across bank and broker dealer entities), as well as
IRRBB metrics (i.e. Interest Rate Exposure (IRE) and Economic Value
Sensitivity (EVS .
- Support the design and development of methodology enhancements
for IRRBB management and liaise with IRR, ALM, and other Treasury
and Finance colleagues and stakeholders to roll out the new
- Work with key colleagues from Treasury, business, and Risk to
understand and develop driver-based Treasury cost allocation
processes and analytics, as well as driver based IRRBB
- Contribute and influence the requirements definition and
development of systems (including Citi's FTP and IRRBB platforms)
and analytical platforms, considering feedback from Treasury,
business, and technology partners.
- Develop analytical solutions in local
- Where applicable, develop and communicate system requirements
to Technology teams tasked with delivering the software (i.e.
formal BRD or Agile processes).
- Where applicable, partner with user groups and technology on
system testing, to ensure error-free feature delivery
- Produce high quality training and project status
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering
to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing,
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative-focused discipline (e.g.
Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Engineering, Science,
- 7+ years of relevant experience (Treasury, ALM, Risk, Balance
- Demonstrated direct experience with Assets & Liability
Management is desired
- Expert in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Model building and deep analytics experience is required.
Coding experience in Python, VBA preferred.
- Interest Rate risk analytics experience is preferred.
- Exceptional and flexible problem-solving skills with an ability
to rapidly assimilate complex information across a variety of
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with the
ability to converse with a wide variety of people across functions,
including ability to simply and precisely translate complex
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with other team
members and colleagues in other departments
- High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic
attitude and a desire to show continued progress Development
- Unique opportunity to gain exposure to Citi's Interest Rate
Risk and Funds Transfer Pricing Management.
- Develop a set of quantitative and qualitative skills that would
enable the individual to become a seasoned Treasury
Job Family Group:
Balance Sheet Management
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$170,880.00 - $256,320.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Keywords: Citi, New York , Balance Sheet Management Senior Lead Analyst, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...