Operations Shift Manager
Company: AptDeco, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Operations Shift Manager at AptDeco is responsible for
handling and coordinating the day-to-day operations during a shift.
This person will oversee how the Delivery Team Members and
Warehouse Associates perform during their shift ensuring that
shifts run smoothly and all tasks are completed.The Operations
Shift Manager will act as a reference point for employees to help
resolve any issues or questions that arise during the shift. This
person will also be counted on to maintain a tidy and organized
Warehouse making sure all tools and supplies are stocked for
employees.Ultimately, the Operations Shift Manager will help
maintain AptDeco's business by ensuring daily duties are completed
and goals are met. This person is responsible for fostering a
positive work environment where the delivery and warehouse teams
feel motivated and excited to come to work everyday. This role is a
full-time position, reports into the Operations Manager and works
closely with the Dispatch and CX Team. You will:
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Ensure all tools, supplies, and uniforms are properly stocked,
maintained, checked out, and returned.
- Oversee warehouse associates shift and ensure they complete all
responsibilities to the highest level.
- Ensure the Warehouse is clean and organized.
- Arrange for removal of old items and inventory from Warehouse.
- People Management
- Monitor and maintain the delivery email inbox and answer all
questions or concerns employees may have.
- Facilitate new hire training and orientation making sure new
team members have a smooth experience.
- Follow-up with the Delivery Team to make sure employees take
breaks and rests throughout their shift.
- Run team meetings as needed.
- Ensure employees are following company protocols, processes,
and procedures and proactively communicating concerns and/or wins
to the Operations Manager.
- Provide in the moment coaching to reinforce company
- Provide support in creating Delivery Team schedules.
- Partner with the Dispatcher on shift to ensure all delivery
team concerns or issues that arise during the shift are addressed.
- General Operations
- Review the routes and sync to Onfleet.
- Ensure the start of a shift runs smoothly by assigning team
members to vans and confirming teams have what they need for their
- Ensure end of shift runs smoothly and all associated processes
are executed flawlessly.
- Download specific operations reports and update/reconcile
documents as needed.
- Own shift specific KPIs and ensure all KPI goals are met.
- Fleet Management
- Inspect van health, cleanliness, condition, and camera
placement at the start and end of each day.
- Manage vehicle accidents, coordinating vehicle tow, and police
- Coordinate repairs and be responsible for taking vans to/from
repair shops.You have:
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience in a warehouse
environment, or something similar
- Open availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as
- Experience supervising, training, and working effectively with
a wide range of employees
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of
- The ability to be on your feet for long periods of time and
handle warehouse duties including lifting up to 50 pounds
- A strong sense of urgency, team-player attitude, and attention
to organization and cleanliness
- The ability to multitask - able to stop on one task, complete
another when asked and then go back to complete the original
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- A high level of integrity and decision making skills
- The ability to foster a cooperative and trusting work
environmentSalary Range:$58,500 - $65,000 / annual salaryOur salary
ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry,
and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes
benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created
thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into
consideration the following components: company industry, size,
revenue, department, and funding stage.As an early stage startup,
we also include equity in compensation packages and believe
employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the
company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside
growth.Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors,
including qualifications for the role, experience level, and
balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are
confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more
competitive to others at our stage. COVID-19 considerations:All
employees are required to wear a mask while on their shift. All
employees are required to provide proof of vaccination (NYC
COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance) or request an accommodation.About
AptDeco:AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying
and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because
we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We're a fast
growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited
about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be
stressful and we're working everyday to ease this hassle for people
across the United States.AptDeco is committed to building diverse,
inclusive, and equitable teams. We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide
range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Keywords: AptDeco, Inc., New York , Operations Shift Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...