Manager, ALP/ Home Care RN
Location: New York
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Manager, ALP Home Care RN is responsible for ensuring safe,
effective and efficient clinical care is provided by the clinical
care team consisting of RN's, LPN's, physical therapists,
occupational therapists, speech therapists, care managers (social
workers) and aides in an Assisted Living Program. Provides support
for aide supervision. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates
effectiveness of nursing care delivered and communicates
information appropriately to physicians and the interdisciplinary
team. Assures adherence to corporate policies, procedures and all
regulatory guidelines for clinical staff.
Job Duties Specific to This Position:
- Collaborates with specialty service coordinators/outside
providers regarding paraprofessional or specialty service issues
(Physicians, hospitals, etc.).
- Assures adherence to nursing standards for assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care per ALP,
Enriched housing and Licensed Agency regulations.
- Facilitates and provides clinical coordination with on-call
- Participates as an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Ensures the implementation of physician change orders,
scheduled lab work, consults and appointments.
- Ensures all pertinent regulations are adhered to by the
clinical and direct care staff.
- Provides professional guidance on and interprets regulations,
policies and procedures. Keeps self and staff current on new
policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensures and verifies the completion and accuracy of nursing and
aide documentation. Initiates remedial action as required.
- Maintains an effective system for resident/client
complaint/issue resolution and bringing issues to satisfactory
closure in a timely manner.
- Monitors staff effectiveness and initiates corrective actions
in collaboration with Administrator and Director of Clinical
Services as needed for clinical issues.
- Monitors clinical staff for adherence to all corporate policy,
procedure and all pertinent regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in providing appropriate and effective orientation of
all new clinical, agency and per diem staff to the care plan.
- Facilitates or performs education, training and competency
evaluations as needed.
- Assists to ensure staff completion of mandatory in-services and
annual health evaluations.
- Keeps self and staff current in best practices nursing care.
Participates and encourages participation in professional
associations, educational conferences, and in-services as
appropriate or required.
- Actively participates in the development and monitoring of QAPI
metrics in collaboration with Quality Assurance lead.
- Takes call and related responsibilities as needed. Job Duties
as a Manager
- As a Manager, this position is responsible for the ongoing
operations and routine decision making within the function,
department or site. Emphasis is on executing strategy and tactics.
May provide input on strategic matters.
- Interprets and applies organization policy, ensuring all
activities are in compliance.
- Delegates, organizes and coordinates the daily operations of
departments within the function, department or site.
- Promotes and encourages teamwork among employees and
supervisors, and between departments. Communicates ideas and goals
clearly and is an effective listener. Ensures that information is
effectively communicated and shared throughout the department and
organization. Provides and encourages effective coaching. Promotes
a positive environment of constructive feedback.
- Uses effective communication skills, such as, active listening,
unbiased and nonjudgmental language, and open communication style
with all staff.
- Uses effective critical thinking and communication skills
during conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, and
other complex dialogues.
- Keeps current in his/her area of specialization and in emerging
and best practices.
- Fosters process improvements for greater operating efficiency
and resident/customer service. Ensures optimal workflow and
- Actively leads or participates in meetings, teams and task
forces as requested.
- Ensures adequate skills, training and development among
- Manages and supervises assigned personnel, including
performance management, scheduling, and orientation. With the
Director and Human Resources guidance, makes or approves
recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary
changes, disciplinary actions, terminations and similar actions. In
conjunction with HR, resolves grievances and other personnel
problems in a fair, timely and consistent manner.
- May have input to or recommendations for operating budgets. Job
Expectations for All Employees:
- Promotes and role-models the mission, values, vision and
strategic goals of Loretto in all interactions with staff, peers,
residents, family members, vendors and visitors. Treats people with
dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service
skills such as friendly greeting, making eye contact, listening
attentively, responding in a timely manner, showing respect and
empathy and acting as a role model for staff and peers.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and
- Complies with established policies, procedures, and codes of
conduct at all times.
- Adheres to all health and safety requirements, regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Practices and teaches safety awareness. Identifies and reports
or corrects any possible safety or environmental issues.
- Understands all HIPAA and other compliance & regulatory
requirements associated with their role, including completion of
required internal or external training/certifications.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Current NYS license and registration as an RN in good standing
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in
related field preferred.
- Minimum (2) years community health nursing experience
- Proven patient assessment and care planning skills.
- Current knowledge of best practice nursing standards and
- Knowledge of adult care facilities and applicable regulations
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to
communicate effectively with clients, residents, and families from
diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental
- Ability to analyze problems, plan resolution strategies,
implement solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in MS Office programs and able to learn new software
rapidly. An equivalent combination of education and experience
which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed
above may be substituted for the above education and experience
Lifting 10.00% 50 lbs.
- Excellent medical, dental, prescription and vision
- Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) Retirement/Pension Plans
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Loretto Health Clinic Visits
- Generous Paid Time-Off Accrual
- Fun events for employees
- Convenient locations with free parking
- Employee Coaches - to help you achieve life goals
- Diaper Assistance Program
- Opportunity for career growth and movement within 19
Keywords: Loretto, New York , Manager, ALP/ Home Care RN, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...