Educational Events Planning Manager (Full-Time)
Company: The Tutorverse
Location: New York
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Make a positive difference every day you come to work by teaming up with The Tutorverse! We're all about creating and delivering innovative educational services and products that students need to succeed. We've got a lot planned, and are looking for a self-starter to help us make it all happen!
Get in on the ground floor, flex your entrepreneurial muscle, take the helm of our individual and group programming, and enjoy Fortune 500-level benefits!
The Planning Manager will be responsible for the successful operation of tutoring and class-based educational programs. The Manager will work closely with leadership to manage related staff (full-time associates and contract educators) and day-to-day operations.
This is a hybrid role, as remote work is possible for the majority of (but not necessarily all) Fridays throughout the year. During certain periods of the year, the team may work remotely more than one day per week. During other periods of the year, the entire team will be in person for the entire week to support our in-person class services.
The ideal candidate is hungry to learn and to grow with the company, is comfortable in cross-functional roles, and is eager to take on many different types of responsibilities. We're looking for future leaders eager to grow with us!
Compensation & Benefits
We take work seriously, but know that there's more to life than work. That's why we take a holistic approach to compensation and benefits.
- The salary for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications (starting at $80,000). You should share in the success you deliver, which is why this position is also eligible for performance-based bonuses, which are aligned to key performance metrics.
- Your health is priceless, which is why we are proud to offer Fortune 500-level medical, dental, and vision benefits. Choose insurance plans from among Aetna, Metlife, and many other healthcare leaders. Need coverage for a child or domestic partner? Want an FSA or HSA? We've got you covered (get it?).
- We want you to be your best self. That's why we invest in ongoing professional development and training. That's why we give you paid time off to travel, read, or do whatever it takes for you to find yourself.
- You'll have access to other benefits, too, like seasonal hybrid work schedule and pre-tax commuter savings plans!
Some of the Manager's primary responsibilities are listed below:
- Facilitate tutoring operations by identifying skills or availability gaps, setting up lessons, and reviewing actual performance vs. expected performance.
- Scope, initiate, and oversee the implementation of new class-based service offerings.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure the seamless operations of existing operations and key business processes.
- Help hire, manage, and evaluate freelance instructors, and assistants.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and rapport with parents, students, staff, and partners, maintaining a focus on client service.
Interested? Awesome! We're looking for someone who possesses:
- at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college;
- experience managing and organizing processes and a team of full time administrative staff;
- inexhaustible drive, energy, enthusiasm, and mental agility;
- excellent communication, collaboration, and people skills and instincts;
- a track record of independently identifying and solving problems, with good outcomes;
- 65 words-per-minute minimum typing speed
Extra credit for someone who has:
- a degree in education and/or business administration;
- industry knowledge of the public and private education sector in NYC;
- experience administering educational programming;
- experience working in the public and private education industry;
- some experience with classroom management technologies;
- fluency with MS Word and Excel.
About The Tutorverse
The Tutorverse helps students reach for the stars by providing them with innovative and individualized educational support. We're not your regular tutoring company - we care deeply about all of our students, and strive to provide them with the attention they deserve. Whether students work with one of our private tutors or participate in one of our classes, we provide them with world-class learning services and products that they can't or don't get in school. Our passion for learning extends beyond our instructors into our best-selling line of workbooks, which fill badly needed gaps in the learning market.
Check out what's important to us.
How To Apply
Excited? We are, too. We can't wait to hear from you!
The Tutorverse is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, citizen status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Keywords: The Tutorverse, New York , Educational Events Planning Manager (Full-Time), Executive , New York, New York
here to apply!